LED recommendation for side markers? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
One of my side markers burned out and I'm considering upgrading to LED. Couldn't find out what folks on the forum are using..

1. If you've done this upgrade, which LED did you opt for?
2. Are there any risks to using LED replacements to the electrical system?

If you have photos of the final results (lights on), I'd love to see them!

Thank you.

If you are curious about switching to yellow, the LASFIT 3000K work great and color match the SGNL 3000K fog bulbs almost perfectly.

for lights that don't blink you don't need a resistor. for turn signals you need a relay
I used this one https://amzn.to/35Ylkhk on my 2001 land cruiser.

I believe LX and LC have different functions for the corner lamp

Ahh got it... yeah LX's corner lamps are steady ON. There are lights on the bumper that flash when the turn signal are on. Unfortunately you cannot see these from the side, only from straight on.

Ahh got it... yeah LX's corner lamps are steady ON. There are lights on the bumper that flash when the turn signal are on. Unfortunately you cannot see these from the side, only from straight on.

I always found that to be really weird. The purpose of a turn signal should be to notify those near you as well. That’s my assumption lol.

Just glue on an uncoated right angle prism (around the edges) to the front of the turn signal lens. Optically it will work perfectly, functionally it will do the job, aesthetically it will be up to the individual.

I replaced all of my exterior bulbs with LEDs front and rear on pretty much every vehicle I've had. I usually just go to superbrightleds.com and put in the vehicle info and it shows me all the bulbs that fit. Overall I have had very good success with them.

Thank you for all the tips y'all.

I ended up buying these:
SYLVANIA ZEVO 194 T10 W5W Amber LED Bulb, (Contains 2 bulbs)
(Made in Taiwan)
Amazon product ASIN B07J49C12D
Here is the photo after the installation. I like them.. now on to figuring out how to get them to blink when turning.
lights.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom