LED interior light conversion problem (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@CharlieS and @ArnieC I will be using the link you provided to fix 1 interior bulb that is still halogen (besides vanity)

Changed all interior lights to LED... Worked perfectly for a couple of days. And now... Nothing. Not a single light comes on, no matter what button is pushed or which doors are open or shut.
I took one of the diodes out and checked it in another vehicle and it worked fine. Between them working and now not working, I removed each door panel in the process of painting trim pieces but haven't messed with any other electrical parts.

Thought someone may know the answer to this one off the top of their head and save me the trouble of taking them all out and trying to track down the issue.

Thanks guys! This forum has already helped a ton so hopefully I can eventually contribute a little back.
Resurfacing this thread to see if there was any resolution. I was switching interior lights to LED. In the process I was able to to do two door lights, but when switching the driver door there was a "zzzt" sound (never good) and now all interior lights are not working. I have not started to check fuses yet. Where do you start with fuses? Comments said to switch out the 7.5's, but are there ones specific to interior lights? Electrical is clearly not in my minimal intellect.

Last edited:
Resurfacing this thread to see if there was any resolution. I was switching interior lights to LED. In the process I was able to to do two door lights, but when switching the driver door there was a "zzzt" sound (never good) and now all interior lights are not working. I have not started to check fuses yet. Where do you start with fuses? Comments said to switch out the 7.5's, but are there ones specific to interior lights? Electrical is clearly not in my minimal intellect.
You did a fuse if you got a zap noise and instant gone. For me the fuse was in the engine bay. Crack open your owners manual and it will tell you which fuse is for interior lights.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom