LED headlight upgrade - no high beams (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.centextruckandauto.com
Hello,
Has anyone else run into this issue? Installed some LED replacement headlights, but the high beams do not work. Switch feeds from hi to lo beam and high beams work. Switched polarity in the headlight connectors every possible way and still no high beams. Regular incandescent lights work fine, and illuminate the high beam indicator on the dash. I've also tried resistors on the high beam feeds to no avail. This is a JDM PJ77 24V system.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Hello,
Has anyone else run into this issue? Installed some LED replacement headlights, but the high beams do not work. Switch feeds from hi to lo beam and high beams work. Switched polarity in the headlight connectors every possible way and still no high beams. Regular incandescent lights work fine, and illuminate the high beam indicator on the dash. I've also tried resistors on the high beam feeds to no avail. This is a JDM PJ77 24V system.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

hey Centex ,

I have dealt with both no high beams & no fog lamps when installing LED head light replacement bulbs

Your getting Low voltage Feedback to the ECU

what type of Bulbs did u put in ? Bulb part # For example H4

Hey Centex,

I recently purchased new LED headlights and ran into probably the same issue. Some LCs carry a "negative switching" instead of a "positive switching"; that said, the switching polarity should be corrected with a 5 pin relay. I'd try to explain myself better but this previous thread has all the information you need (including a .PDF wiring diagram with pics in post #7)

Need electrical help: Harness upgrade, JW Speakers not working.

To make the high beam indicator light up you'd only need to add a resistance to the right cable.

Hope this helps you solve it.

Cheers.

No problem mate, how did it go?
Wish I had better news, but so far this fix didn't work. These lights shipped with a CAN bus adapter, so tomorrow I am going to try to wire in without the adapter. When I plugged directly in (without any modifications), the high beams came on. When I plugged in without, nothing at all worked.

What I think I need to do is intercept the wires from the hi/low switch and devise my own relay / wiring network.
***UPDATE*** In case anyone runs into this, I ordered these from Amazon. THEY ARE PLUG AND PLAY IN MY PJ77!! Mazke certain to use the included CAN-BUS adapters included. Hi beam indicator does not work on dash, but the lights work on both hi and lo beam perfectly.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01CCGC8SQ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom