LED Domelights

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Are they any brighter than the original glow worm

Are they worth the money or is there something better to use.

They are the GREATEST THING!

Got them for the wifes cruiser due to taking many trips & leaving doors open while camping, cooking, or general travel & they are worth every penny.

Amount of light they put out will amaze you...the map light will almost light the front cabin.

George's are worth the money. They are a different type of light; more white but I don't think the domes are "brighter." The map LEDs put out more light than stock.

-B-

I was shocked at how much light those little bulbs put out. Worth every penny.

Plusses other than light output are significant heat reduction and reduction in power consumption. Those are actually better reasons than the light output.

Beowulf said:
George's are worth the money. They are a different type of light; more white but I don't think the domes are "brighter." The map LEDs put out more light than stock.

-B-

If the George's ones aren't as bright what other ones are available.

i found an OZ site that sells them and is linked to George's site so I assume they are the same light.

It's a different kind of light (wife dislikes it). But I sometimes just leave the tailgate or doors open knowing that there's very little load on the battery. No worries with LEDs.

Aussie cruiser said:
If the George's ones aren't as bright what other ones are available.

i found an OZ site that sells them and is linked to George's site so I assume they are the same light.

I'd have to disagree (bias here...) - they are most definitely brighter than the stock incandescent bulbs. The incandescents are yellow and the LEDs are white.

Of course it's all a matter of opinion - also, the modules I made/sold >1.5years ago are not as bright as the ones after that. This is due to sourcing a brighter binned version of the same Luxeon LED.

Another advantage (esp. in oz) that I've seen is that the LEDs attract a LOT less bugs at night - especially compared to fluoros.

The Oz site is a mate that just resells them to save me shipping to oz, especially for folk that want to pay by cheque etc. I ship him a batch (just sent some last week) every so often and then he sells over there. You can still order from me - whatever...

Finally, since first making them just over 3 years ago, I've shipped just on 800 of them and have only had one pair returned (from a guy with a lexus car that didn't like the 'tint'). To those that have emailed me and are undecided I've always offered a refund policy.

cheers,
george.

He has even fixed them when a dumbass messed them up on install....:doh: :doh:

Left George's overhead light on at the airport for 4 days and she fired right up. Would've been worried with incandescent.

george_tlc said:
also, the modules I made/sold >1.5years ago are not as bright as the ones after that.

My domes were part of the first batch that George made; Oct, 2002 according to my records. 4 doors and 2 domes. This was the initial "group buy" that George put together on the 80sCool list.

-B-

Beowulf said:
My domes were part of the first batch that George made; Oct, 2002 according to my records. 4 doors and 2 domes. This was the initial "group buy" that George put together on the 80sCool list.

-B-

The set in my 80 are from that same group buy.

Beowulf said:

-B-

I think your on drugs! :D

The George LED's are WAYY brighter then stock! (yes, even the domes) Everyone that sees mine, comments on them!

One of my favorite mods!

Now, i just have to install on the the rearmost cargo area and i will be in business!

Anyone done the 3rd Dome Mod? I guess some non US rigs have a 3rd dome, near the tailgate, where i would need it!

Thanks

George,

My wife complains about how dim the stock lights are.
How much $ for 4 doors, 2 domes and the map light for a '96 LC?

Thanks, Gene

Well worth it, I wouldn't hesitate on recommending them.

I "installed" George's LED's in November (FAQ?);) , along with the door lights (WLED-5) from www.superbrightleds.com. These lights are very bright, able to light up the cabin like a classroom. I've also benefited from the low current draw when my wife left the dome light on over the weekend. Monday morning the LX fired up just the same as always. I use my tailgate to take soil samples in the field, so on those days my interior lights are on all day, and I've never had a problem with drawdown. George has an excellent product.

Last edited:
Hog Head said:
George,

Thanks, Gene
Check HERE. I don't believe he sells the door lights anymore.

NorCalDoug said:
The set in my 80 are from that same group buy.

Ours may not be as bright as the newer versions George makes but we paid a LOT less than $30ea. :D

-B-

Hog Head said:
George,

Thanks, Gene

get your door leds from superbrightleds.com -- refer to Old Goat's post.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom