ODD IRON OFF ROAD …. ALL THINGS LED LIGHTING + (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

image.jpeg

Remember, if you want to see your engine bay at night without holding a flashlight, we can help. The shops offers several options in under-hood lighting systems.

Remember, if you want to see your engine bay at night without holding a flashlight, we can help. The shops offers several options in under-hood lighting systems.

Timely post... I got around to installing the engine bay lights in my 60 just before New Years. I picked the extra bright setup, which uses two Aurora mini lights.

You can see the switch, ground and tilt switch mounting along the left side of the engine bay (facing rear). I used two existing holes to mount the switch and ground wire. The tilt switch is tucked just under the insulator pad near the hood hinge (mounted to the hood cross bracing (edit)).

You'll need to remove the engine insulator to route the wiring to the lights at the front of the hood. Before doing that, think about ordering new insulator mounting clips (90467-09014) if yours are old. All of mine broke trying to pry them off.

Turned out great, Thanks Rob!

IMG_4267.JPG
IMG_4262.JPG
IMG_4264.JPG

Last edited:
Timely post... I got around to installing the engine bay lights in my 60 just before New Years. I picked the extra bright setup, which uses two Aurora mini lights.

You can see the switch, ground and tilt switch mounting along the left side of the engine bay (facing rear). I used two existing holes to mount the switch and ground wire. The tilt switch is tucked just under the insulator pad near the hood hinge (mounted to the hood cross bracing (edit)).

You'll need to remove the engine insulator to route the wiring to the lights at the front of the hood. Before doing that, think about ordering new insulator mounting clips (90467-09014) if yours are old. All of mine broke trying to pry them off.

Turned out great, Thanks Rob!

View attachment 1376925 View attachment 1376926 View attachment 1376927
Did the kit come with installation instructions by any chance? This setup would be such an improvement.

The shop has received a few emails concerning shipping cost for products. 95% of the products can be shipped for approximately $6.00-$7.00 and the shipping cost will be automatically calculated during the checkout process on the website. (The shop does not mark up shipping) There are a few exceptions such as the recovery points due to the products weight. As always the website can be accessed via the "HOME" link in my signature.
Thanks ......

Last edited:
image.jpeg
Rob runs a small "one man" shop in Southern Georgia and only adds content to the website at night when time permits therefore the content is somewhat limited. Rob inventories large quantities of Aurora's off road LED lighting products even though only a handful of these products are currently on the website. If you don't see what you're looking for please contact the shop. Rob is a "fabricator" at heart and offers a huge variety of custom fabrications for the Land Cruiser. (Roof racks, OEM style bumpers, recovery points etc.). Rob also has a HUGE inventory of Cummins Diesel parts.
Thanks....

price in your eshop are the same as here on forum?
The process of ordering through the website is basically seamless however if you have additional questions feel free to contact the shop.
Thanks

image.jpeg
Most light bars seem be to offered in the 120W-250W range however that is not the case with this Aurora product which is
400 Watts. (42" Version)

@1978HJ45 I'm interested in a dome light kit for my 60. Can you PM me details. I skipped through the 24 pages of posts in this thread, so if pricing and ordering info is burried in here somewhere, my apologies. Thanks!

image.jpg
By tapping "HOME" in any of my post you will be redirected to the website where can view the product line along with prices. The entire purchase process can also be accomplished via the website. If you have any questions that aren't answered via the website feel free to give me a shout. Thanks for your interest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom