LED bulbs in Depo housings (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Off topic but you and I had the same idea for keeping our 80’s cooler in the summer

22AF7258-D149-40CE-A729-952C7DFC8A13.jpeg

Why doesn't the h4 9003 pop up on Auxito's website under Land cruisers? Only 9005...?

Off topic but you and I had the same idea for keeping our 80’s cooler in the summer

View attachment 2581113
Yeap! I got tired of burning my arms on the roof when strapping items to the roof rack. I painted mine a few years ago in the rain with minimal prep and it shows. This year I plan on scratching it down and spray painting with a gloss white.

I know some of the higher end LED's are adjustable but I haven't experienced a set to date that work in a reflector without blinding on coming traffic. I hope you find the proper setup. Have you considered retrofitting an HID projector in the DEPO housing? It's a simple retrofit and the output in outstanding.

Lou

View attachment 2466875

View attachment 2466876

Holy hell. You can’t post a picture like that, and not tell us how you did that, or what part numbers you used. That is incredible.

There are quite a few threads on retrofitting HID projectors...

I have leds in the stock housing with Slee harness, I don’t remember the leds I used off hand but f someone wants the info I’ll post. Light output is awsome

www.amazon.com/AUXITO-Headlight-9000Lumens-Extremely-Conversion/dp/B07DGTTTKN
As with most companies with rapid technology refresh, they don't update their own sites quick enough.

I misread your response. The 9005 is the bulb for the original headlight housing. The H4 low / H1 high is for the Depo housing.
View attachment 2580604
Thanks for doing this research! Just to clarify this is the winner?

...Now they don't seem to have the h1 in the same LED? I've got a pair of depos on the way, trying to order the correct bulbs.

I too have a big dislike for any bluish tinted light..

@lumbee1 are you using the adapter harness provided by NeonDials? If anyone is using this how is the quality and is it better to get an adapter from Innovative or will this work just fine?

Just noticed water in my OEM lamp and a crack and ordering DEPOs to replace them, so trying to collectively understand what to use from years of threads.

Thanks for all the info on this thread on an LED swap, extremely helpful!

@lumbee1 are you using the adapter harness provided by NeonDials? If anyone is using this how is the quality and is it better to get an adapter from Innovative or will this work just fine?

Just noticed water in my OEM lamp and a crack and ordering DEPOs to replace them, so trying to collectively understand what to use from years of threads.

Thanks for all the info on this thread on an LED swap, extremely helpful!
I used the Neondials adapters. The bulbs provided were garbage but the adapters are well built. I would not buy anyone else's adapters.

Thanks for doing this research! Just to clarify this is the winner?

...Now they don't seem to have the h1 in the same LED? I've got a pair of depos on the way, trying to order the correct bulbs.

I too have a big dislike for any bluish tinted light..
What did you end up getting for the H1 in LEDs?

When you installed H1 LED's in your high beams what did you do to make them actually come on? I know there's something different about the grounding system on these and you have to use a relay or something. I did depos and LED bulbs about 2 years ago on my 80 but I've never gotten around to wiring the high beams. TIA

When you installed H1 LED's in your high beams what did you do to make them actually come on? I know there's something different about the grounding system on these and you have to use a relay or something. I did depos and LED bulbs about 2 years ago on my 80 but I've never gotten around to wiring the high beams. TIA
The factory HB connector should plug right into the LED connector. Have you actually tried that? If they don’t work flip the connector which will change the Polarity

Has anyone tried the 'upgraded' version of the AUXITO's?

AUXITO Upgraded Version H4/HB2/9003 LED Bulb, 80W 16000LM Super Bright, Canbus Ready Dual Beam Conversion Kit 6000K Cool White, Pack of 2​

Did you try these? I am wondering how you trigger the high beam in the H1 or is it automatic?

For any of you who swapped out your headlights, does anyone still have the 4 plastic swivel plugs that go in the top of the OEM headlight assembly on both sides? Mine turned brittle and one broke when I opened them up the other day. Wondering if anyone has any laying around nearby (Birmingham, AL) that would work in my 97 40th Anniversary Land Cruiser. And it not, anyone know the part number for those 4 plug things? If so, please DM me.
Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom