LED Brake Lights (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Are they swappable to a 2k1 LC ?

I saw one on the road today. and WOW

How about to a 99?

Thanks,

uzj100

I believe he is talking about the new 100 lights not the 3rd light

yeah the stock rear lights. main lights

Can somebody post a picture of new 06 LED tail lights? Cannot find on Net.

Here you go ZOX.
06_Land_Cruiser_20.jpg

WOW. Must have. I need only a part numbers (4 pieces) and some time to order, and i'll fix it on my '99 TLC. Somebody?

My guess is they are a direct bolt-in. My reasoning is, there appear to be roughly 26 red LED's on the tailgate lamp and about 20 on the side lamp. Most likely, the LED's are connected in series, so for a typical knee voltage of 0.7v for each LED, and you'd get 18.2v and 14v drop on each lamp if each were connected to a single DC supply (ie, more than 12v). This implies there are more than two 12v power connections w/ a resistor in series for each connection (total voltage drop should equal 12v, and we'll assume it's regulated). That means either the lamp itself needs to include the resistors, or it would have to be included in the harness between the lamp and fuse box. Chances are, the latter would have higher production costs (2 different harnesses to stock) while with the former, the lamp is a completely self-contained unit.

Good reasoning, Jim. Alright, who's going to try them first? :)

I have seen these new lamps and they are incredible. Any one ordered them yet or know how much they cost.

Thanks,

uzj100

did you ever try this, uzj100 ?

I think everyone was more curious as to whether they would even work as a direct bolt-in. Jim's reasoning is sound but no one has verified this yet.

Some one get one it.

uzj100

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom