Led blinker relay (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Well, I managed to get this done. This is the Amazon link for the relay that worked for my 99.

Amazon product ASIN B008C9YS0Y
It seems like I nearly dis-located both shoulder blades and it looks like I got in a fight with a mountain lion on my back. I put a storage
box along side my truck. I wiggled and wiggled my hand in between all the wires and bent each tab back. I then took a tiny flat head screw driver
and pried it loose. Luckily, it wasn't zip tied real tight and I could pull it down. The new one plugged right in.

Anyone replacing a bumper or just upgrading bulbs to LEDs, this is the better, although more difficult, method.
I tried some in line resistors (sylvania brand from Auto Zone) but you have to do one for each bulb and it's not nearly as easy as it looks.

The main trick for the relay method, is getting in there at the right angle. One guy on here showed the use of a REALLY long philips screw driver.
I did not have one long enough. That actually would have worked better.

All that being said, I recommend using high quality LED bulbs. I've used superbrightleds.com for years, however LXplore on YT recommended
LASFIT® Official Store | Best Car Truck LED Lighting brand. The reds are a truer red and the ambers are VERY amber. The quality and customer service is top notch.

This was not worth the level of effort to get some LEDs to blink slower.

now that I’ve done it, I think the following method is much easier. No need to lay on your back, you can reach everything from a kneeling position.

I had the green relay position (2006 LX), I think there are different setups. I wouldn’t waste any time trying to get the bracket off. Leave the OEM relay in place. Quickly remove the plastic panel under the steering wheel. There is one philips head screw holding the bottom left corner, the rest of it is held on by clips. Just pull carefully.

You will then be able to see the relay through this hole. You can easily reach under the dash while looking through the hole and bend back the tabs holding the male plug into the OEM relay.

9CEFB9A0-86DA-4E83-A00B-4E9807C32B51.jpeg

0EF4C706-8665-4A9F-8F32-2F8877854132.jpeg

as you look at the relay in this picture, you will shove a tiny flat head screw driver up between the relay and the connector on the left side. This will unlock the “tab”locking it in place (reference your replacement relay to see how it locks into place). The little screw driver is just spreading the two pieces so you can pull the connector straight down with some long needle nose pliers through the observation hole.

D6CB54AB-E8DF-4C6D-ACC5-02F2DF19FEDE.jpeg

pull the connector straight straight down with the pliers and it should come easy. Plug it into your new relay and you’re done. The slack wires on my OEM harness basically have zero slack so there was no need to zip tie up the new relay.

Following up on this thread, I just installed my ironman bumper and installed the relay from Amazon to address the hyper flash. Post install, my turn signal stopped working (no indicator light inside or out). I swapped the plug back to the original connector and it works again with hyper flash. Did I receive a bad relay or miss something here? Below is the relay I purchased and my LX is an 06 so I have the green connector mentioned above.

20210820_200212.jpg

odd (sorta related) question :

I upgrade all my brake lights to led except for the turn signals because I didnt want the hyper blink ; but now my tail light (brake lights) flash with my blinkers (basically single blinker and both sides brake lights light up, not the 3rd stop light) ?

any idea if this relay would help resolve this as well?

I swapped all my indicators to LED and purchased the relay below off Amazon. It corrected the issue and all lights work properly

8-Pin 81980-50030 066500-4650 Electronic LED Flasher Assy Relay Fix For Lexus Scion or Toyota LED Turn Signal Light Bulbs Amazon product ASIN B008C9YS0Y
I have this predicament now.

I eliminated my factory turn signals on my factory front bumper because I put in an aftermarket high clearance bumper with LED turn signals on it and I get hyper flashing. Actually I immediately get hyper flashing the moment I removed the halogen turn signal bulb from its factory socket.

Will this product work on any LX 470 year model? Mine’s an ‘06
31C49414-3AA4-4D29-9990-1BC99E2D093D.jpeg
54A1F234-EC25-46CD-A83D-F7516A7E68C3.jpeg

I bought the wrong one, I think. This is from my local AutoZone.
607F277D-6BFC-4849-B3CD-F5097C179DA1.jpeg

For anyone who has an 06-07 LX/LC, I can confirm this product works and hyper flashing is now gone.

iJDMTOY 8-Pin LM449 81980-50030 066500-4650 Electronic LED Flasher Assy Relay Fix Compatible with Lexus Scion or Toyota LED Turn Signal Light Bulbs

For anyone who has an 06-07 LX/LC, I can confirm this product works and hyper flashing is now gone.

iJDMTOY 8-Pin LM449 81980-50030 066500-4650 Electronic LED Flasher Assy Relay Fix Compatible with Lexus Scion or Toyota LED Turn Signal Light Bulbs

Does your left turn signal blink 3 times after the turn signal stalk is returned to the off position from a right turn?

Does your left turn signal blink 3 times after the turn signal stalk is returned to the off position from a right turn?
Yes, it’s actually annoying tbh. Any work around on that other compensate a wide turn like an F1 car trying to make the straightest possible racing line?

It looks like only you and I have this issue. I don't have a workaround. I will be returning this part and going back to hyper flashing.
I think it’s how the stalk on the 100 is designed. When the wheel returns to center, the stalk bounces back hard to original position that it hits the opposite contact points triggering the opposite line and the signal light.

I tried to intervene and held the stalk so it returns to original position softly to see if that helps and it doesn’t blink 3 times anymore.

Yes, it’s actually annoying tbh. Any work around on that other compensate a wide turn like an F1 car trying to make the straightest possible racing line?
I made a mini shock absorber from 3M tape. It has been working well for a few weeks. I am going to blacken it to make it my permanent solution.

3m_tape.jpg

turn_signal_stalk.jpg

Can anyone confirm which flasher unit will work for a 2000 LC?

After reading through this thread, I decided to not dig around the steering wheel, instead opting to simulate the load of halogen bulbs - using 50 watt load resistors each side - here's an example on Amazon - 4Pcs Aaron 50W 6ohm Load Resistors

The turn signal with the most room to work on was in the tailgate - and since I was changing bulbs there decided to "LED" my reversing lights.

Easiest way to do this - remove the carpeted inside lining - good instructions here. I used a nylon audio pry tool and within a minute had the cover off.

Here's the end result:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom