Leatherman Charge (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Leatherman Charge - Mutli-Tool

I broke a blade on my old Leatherman and just traded up to a Leatherman Charge.

http://www.leathermancharge.com/home.aspx

This is one nice multi-tool!

Titanium Handle (mostly bling)
154CM steel blade
diamond dust file
bronze bushings
16 different bits ( screw drivers, phillips, torx and allens)

Last edited:
Very nice!
I have had a Gerber multi-tool for many years - a Christmas gift - and wouldn't go anywhere without it. It's come in handy almost daily it seems.
I didn't like the Leatherman initially, but some of these new models are really outstanding. I'll have to check them out sometime - handle them, see how they feel in use.

Thanks, Ed :)

Watch out! I just wanted my old Leatherman to be repaired & I would have been happy.

Once I looked and handled the Charge I couldn't resist. It is very solid and high quality feeling. The quality of the materials and workmanship is very impressive.

When you open the pliers there is a cam mechanism to take up all the lash in the main pivot. This is cool, adds to the solid feel and I suspect when it gets older will help it remain feeling solid.

Leatherman makes an excellent multi-tool.

I've carried a Wave for some time, which is almost identical to the Charge Ti, with a few minor exceptions (stainless handle, some slight differences in the screwdriver blades, etc). You can't go wrong with one of these.

Cheers, R -

How much are they? And where you get it?

send your old one back and they fix it free of charge. just pay postage. you don't need your receipt or any paperwork. warrenty good for 25 years. sent a super tool and original back a few years ago, fixed them and sent them back. great service.

W -

Leatherman has a very wide distribution network, so you can generally find them almost anywhere that sells sporting goods.

Here in N Calif, Costco and Wal-Mart have them all the time - the latter having a much better selection of the range of pieces in their line.

Cheers, R -

PS: $50 +/- $20 depending upon where you buy, which tool, which accessories, etc.

Last edited:
The last two whupped out Waves i sent back fro repairs they just replaced with new ones. I need to send my latest one in, but I hate to be without one. maybe I'll but one of those new ones and then send in my old one so I can have a spare again.

I can't wait to break my leatherman! Great excuse to get the Charge!

Gumby said:
The last two whupped out Waves i sent back fro repairs they just replaced with new ones. I need to send my latest one in, but I hate to be without one. maybe I'll but one of those new ones and then send in my old one so I can have a spare again.
My situation exactly ... I could not stand being without my Leatherman. So I coughed up the cash for the Charge since it was so sweet. My old one is a Wave & when I get it back I figure it will go in the Cruiser glove box as a backup / spare.

Thanks to a tip from Landpimp, I started checking the local pawnshops for Leatherman tools. Since then I've picked up two of them, one was $20 and the other $15, both were almost new, barely used, and the more expensive one came with a case. Perfect to keep in the glovebox of each of my cars for emergencies.

I like this new Charge, I might have to upgrade one of mine!

Looks like a real nice tool. I have a Wave but I'm looking for something a little easier to cary. I don't want to carry in a sheeth so I need something with a clip. The Charge looks like it could fit the bill. Made from a lite weight titanium and with a pocket clip, it looks like something you can carry everyday for 12-14 hours. Anyone carry the Charge (or any other Leatherman with a clip for that matter) and give their opinion? Looking for a smaller, compact, lite weight multi-tool.
Thanks, Bob

Bob - I've had a smaller SOG multitool, and even though it's nice to carry, it's a pain to use (though the one I have is pretty small) - my Leatherman Wave, though heavy, etc, is actually useable. That said, I don't wear it on my belt or in my pocket - it goes in with my digital camera, Maglite, iPod and other stuff in my "Bag of Tricks".

I didn't know about the replacement warranty on the tools though...good tip.

love my Wave. Carried it daily while traveling for a year, the weight got to be not a problem. Now it is one of the first things that I grab when I'm going camping/hiking/horseback riding. Just a very good tool.

That's good news about the warranty on the leathermans. I have one with a broken tip and another thats just loosened up terribly. I wasn't going to send them in because I couldn't find the receipt. wooo. I'll be sending them off tomorrow.

Some enterprizing Mudder needs to score a batch of multi-tools from TSA seized goods auctions & hook us up!!

Wear a Pulse on my duty uniform, Wave on my wildland pack, and whatever the original is lives in my dobermobile.

As I understand it TSA's stuff goes on Ebay..

Bob - I've had a smaller SOG multitool, and even though it's nice to carry, it's a pain to use (though the one I have is pretty small) - my Leatherman Wave, though heavy, etc, is actually useable. That said, I don't wear it on my belt or in my pocket - it goes in with my digital camera, Maglite, iPod and other stuff in my "Bag of Tricks".

lol...

you mean "purse."

I have one of the first charges about 4 years old now, It has bin through a lot. Just watch out for the locking blade mine would come unlatched and one time it cut off the tip of my thumb right at the first digit all the way through the bone. One tip of the pliers has broken off, The handle casing is broke all the blades are dual from sharping all the time. I will take some pics of my leatherman charge and wave,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom