Leather steering wheel cover? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
The leather on my wheel is pretty worn and Ive been looking into some cheap cover options

Found this on EBay

51w9OrCPASL._AC_.jpg

Just curious if anyone has one and if it somewhat matches the factory oak

Link? Which one is that?
Lots of results posted of the lonky brand with a few color recommendations as well. Ok looks like just dark brown gray or black avail. Seems to be same stock photo.

Amazon product ASIN B07W2WYLV1

Lonky makes me happy as hell every time I get into the 100 series. I will be getting one for the 80 real soon. I went with the 3/4 perforated black leather.

I just finished a Loncky cover on the 80. The fit isn't perfect - i assume they cut them to fit a few different models of wheel. That said, it was easy enough for me to work round that and unless you go looking for the imperfections you likely won't spot them.
End result is really good and the first impression when you hold the newly covered wheel is well worth the 3 hours it took me to do it.

Lonky is what I have..good quality

Last edited:
Take steering wheel off. Stitch every other loop. Lay out the “front” and “back” sticker around the wheel and use your best judgement which way it really goes. I ran through twenty or so stitches and then went back to tighten them up. Didn’t really tighten up everything until I had the entire run done on each length.

I have the Lonky and am very happy with it. Color match isn’t exact but it doesn’t bother me.

+1 on removing the wheel. Do it on the couch with a few beers and a movie on. It does take a long time but it is easy.
8600EE77-D202-4513-9168-A20CB47A781C.jpeg

Lonky makes me happy as hell every time I get into the 100 series. I will be getting one for the 80 real soon. I went with the 3/4 perforated black leather.
you have to take the steering wheel off to do this?

@ethingnow it is not a requirement to take the steering wheel off to install the LonKey cover but it really makes it easier. I still love the cover, it is soft and supple.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom