leather seat conditioner/cleaner (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Spring is here and I would like to do what I can to keep the leather soft and prevent cracking in my LX.
What have you used? Does it help? Please name products, process etc.

I am trying to prevent that dreaded first crack in the leather seats.

Leatherique is the solution you seek. Plan on spending a day to go through the whole process, and the warmer the weather, the better. The outcome is worth it!

http://www.leatherique.com/

X2 on leatherique. I previously used lexol but, while it's fine, i thought there must be something better as I considered replacing the leather altogether. I found leatherique on high end sportscar forums bc I figured those folks would care the most. I applied the conditioner generously, used a toothbrush as well as brush on drill and let sit for hrs. wiped it off with the leatherique cleaner. Make sure you use a lint free cloth

If you plan on ordering, hold up for a day or so. I am working on a mud wide group buy with George from Leatherique. Will let you know what I find out....

I used Leatherique pretty religiously and still had problems with my front seat bottoms. I do like the product thought. Maybe I started too late in the life of the leather (started after about 8 to 9 years but the leather looked good then).

Colorplus has a similar product, which as far as I can tell is just some type of conditioning oil. Joanne at Colorplus is great to work with and is a wealth of knowledge.

If you plan on ordering, hold up for a day or so. I am working on a mud wide group buy with George from Leatherique. Will let you know what I find out....

Let us know Jon - I'm pretty religious on leather care, but the LC is now 15 years old and . . . well, you know.

Looking forward to his response.

I will wait for the group buy, but it sounds lioke good stuff. I hope I am not too late for the leather.

Leatherique is the bomb...I've used it for several years on a couple of BMW's I've had. Interested in details of the group buy.

Perfect timing, cleaning up my leather is the next project on the list! I'm interested in the group buy also.

I'd like to get in on this one too!

I'm in for a group buy. Your timing is perfect.

My preference is Bick 4 Leather conditioner. Great stuff.
http://www.bickmore.com/products.php

If I have to re-dye faded or worn leather, i add a small amount of whatever color I need in a small container, mix it and apply with cloth. Cleans, and re-stains at the same time.

I've had excellent luck with Fiebing dyes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom