Leather cleaning (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Who has experience cleaning the leather in their LC

That roll-over on E-Hill at CM must have freaked you out. Bleach might work to get out the big stains but test the leather to be sure it is colorfast.

-Mike-

What pictures?

That used to be a damn fine looking vehicle.

There was no statute of limitations on your promise and I am pretty sure you were one of the guys that were sworn not to laugh.

BTW, I carry a roll of that stuff in the back of the Cruiser any time someone wants to borrow some.

-Mike-

Another thought on leather cleaning. Many of the leather seats I've dealt with had small perforations in the seating areas (to keep you from feeling like you're sitting on saran wrap). Don't know if that's the case with Cruiser seats but I've discovered that the cleaners that are "creamy" tend to get into the little holes and stay there, essentially deleting the breathability function and leaving little white dots all over.

That roll-over on E-Hill at CM must have freaked you out. Bleach might work to get out the big stains but test the leather to be sure it is colorfast.

-Mike-

Ooh, that's a good idea. And bleach is really cheap. 5 Gallons would probably be less than 10 bucks and would leave a very fresh scent as well.

Another thought on leather cleaning. Many of the leather seats I've dealt with had small perforations in the seating areas (to keep you from feeling like you're sitting on saran wrap). Don't know if that's the case with Cruiser seats but I've discovered that the cleaners that are "creamy" tend to get into the little holes and stay there, essentially deleting the breathability function and leaving little white dots all over.

I've seen the perforated leathers that seem to be common on European cars. These seats do not have a perforated leather that I can see. I'm sure whatever coating they put on them when they are tanned/dyed/finished must be somewhat breathable becaues I don't get the sensation that I'm sitting on plastic. There are a lot of wrinkles and texture on the surface that is accumulating gunk.

I'd like to safely clean the gunk and get something that is good at restoring moisture/oils to the leather so it doesn't dry out and crack.

This Leatherique stuff I'm reading about on a few different MUD posts seems to be well reviewed in those posts. But a kit of the cleaner and rejuvinator costs $65 for two one-quart bottles. Prices aren't as bad if you get the gallon versions and share the costs with a couple other people. And it's worth the price if it does what it says.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom