Leather Care (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

80and100cruisers

SILVER Star
Threads
I just started to clean the leather in my 100 series. It was looking very dirty. This is the first time since it was new in 99 that I have decided to clean it. My mom had it untill summer of 2002, when she gave it to me, so I am not totally to blame for the lack of cleaning. The rear seats are comming along nicely, but I have little hope for the driver seat. I have leather cleaner and conditioner. Any tips for cleaning my really dirty front seats? ??? This is a multi day project, as I started around 2 pm and its freakin hot in Texas! I like the results I am getting on the rear seats, and suggest that anyone who has leather take the time to clean it now, its a cheap way to make the interior look way better.

-Matt

Go wheeling. Do some really off camber stuff. Go to car wash. Remove seats. Hose off the urine and feces and they'll be treated. :flipoff2: Seriously now, who treats this stuff? C'mon 80-100, if you live in TX, tint the glass and be done with it. :flipoff2: :D

I think Junk need to change his hemorrhoidal cream as he is grumpier than usual :D
The wife found some 3M stuff for our Country Club Cruiser :D
kurt

I have heard that leatherique makes a great cleaner. I have never used it but the Mercedes and BMW people swear by it. Apparently, the key to getting it to work properly is to put it on and let your truck sit in the sun for a few hours so the inside gets really hot. I think the website for the stuff is www.leatherique.com

I have used this leatherique stuff -- it's good, and you don't have to use a lot to keep stuff looking decent --

eric

Thanks for the advice.

-Matt

I use Zymol cleaner and conditioner. Works well, keeps the leather soft and prevents tears and cracking.

You could always go for the special blend wax that Zymol makes for Ralph Lauren, it's just $750 for 8 oz.

I use the Lexol cleaner, followed by Lexol conditioner in the BMW, seems to do a good job :)

zymol - smells nice. Haven't noticed too much of a change on the interior leather, but the exterior wax is quite amazing

Cheers, Hugh

I use Zymol cleaner and conditioner. Works well, keeps the leather soft and prevents tears and cracking.

You could always go for the special blend wax that Zymol makes for Ralph Lauren, it's just $750 for 8 oz.

That's odd, my Ralph Lauren leather sofa (made by Henredon :flipoff2:) came with a Leatherique conditioning kit. Of course, my sofa stays in park and never leaves the great room ;p

I use Meguiar's pre-moistened leather cleaner/conditioner wipes.

Best thing to do. Scrub until it looks clean.

And then keep scrubbing to make sure.

I've used Leather CPR for years, on everything from saddles to LC upholstery primarily because it works well, leaves no residue and smells great. Pretty cheap too! $.02

Another vote for Leatherique. I've used it for 8 years. As has been said, the hotter it is outside when you apply the conditioner (yes conditioner is first, then the pristine clean -read their instructions) and then let it sit, the better. Do use a spray bottle and your hands to work the stuff into your leather.

I just started to clean the leather in my 100 series. It was looking very dirty. This is the first time since it was new in 99 that I have decided to clean it. My mom had it untill summer of 2002, when she gave it to me, so I am not totally to blame for the lack of cleaning. The rear seats are comming along nicely, but I have little hope for the driver seat. I have leather cleaner and conditioner. Any tips for cleaning my really dirty front seats? ??? This is a multi day project, as I started around 2 pm and its freakin hot in Texas! I like the results I am getting on the rear seats, and suggest that anyone who has leather take the time to clean it now, its a cheap way to make the interior look way better.

-Matt

This question brings up an interesting point. I have had my share of nice cars, all with leather interiors, and every leather "expert" I talk with says that for sealed auto interior leather, all this conditioner talk is bunk. That the manufacturer's "seal" this leather to help make it impervious to common liquid spills and that all this talk about conditioning sealed leather simply fills the pockets of leather conditioner salesmen. Having said that, however, I still use my Hyde rejuvenator and Zaino Bros. leather cleaner and conditioner religiously!!

Thoughts?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom