Leaning towards 2020 LC Heritage...but Sequoia is tough for $ (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

You should always at one time in you life buy your "dream" vehicle. With the LC/LX you cannot lose and you won't have the remorse you would get every time you see one while driving a Sequoia.

Too many dreams and the dreams keep changing!

You might look at the new "Patrol" ie QX/Armada I understand it is pretty solid.

You might look at the new "Patrol" ie QX/Armada I understand it is pretty solid.
I Know a guy with a new Armada and 2 that have QX80’s. They are very solid since they went to to Patrol platform (from the titan). That said just like with the LC it would be nice to have trim versions we don’t get here in the USA. And the 3rd row folds into the floor so per the OP asking about the 2 row LC it would have more cargo room then the Nissian.

Too many dreams and the dreams keep changing!

I suffer from this same affliction lol.

While they are solid vehicles they don't compare to a Toyota product in materials and build quality. If a Toyota is a 10 then I'd put the Nissan at an 8. You can see it in the materials used inside, the feel of the door handles, how the door closes, the cabin noise, etc. We shopped the Armada/QX80 before we bought the 200 and while we loved the looks, power, size, room, price and so on, we didn't feel it was as well built as the Toyota and they don't hold their value as well either. That said, they are a good option and I do wish that we would see more of them built and being used off-road.

The used market doesn't think much of them holding of their value. You can get one used pretty cheap compared to a LC200 of the same year.

there is no way in he!! that I would consider a nissan product. I think that company has way more issues than are publicly known. I think they were fudging quality reports. CEO and many others are gonna end up in prison. quality is awful.

Sorry speyrod, but I have the same sentiment as others in regards to Nissan/Infinity products. From a marketing pamphlet perspective, they can match feature for feature, and potentially even check more boxes.

From a core competency and quality perspective, they're not in the same league as Toyota. People buy Nissans/Inifinitys much like they do Hyundai. Because of the value proposition. Yet LC/LX buyers are willing to spend more on the best because they value core strengths and quality, things that are harder to quantify, as much as features.

Sorry speyrod, but I have the same sentiment as others in regards to Nissan/Infinity products. From a marketing pamphlet perspective, they can match feature for feature, and potentially even check more boxes.

From a core competency and quality perspective, they're not in the same league as Toyota. People buy Nissans/Inifinitys much like they do Hyundai. Because of the value proposition. Yet LC/LX buyers are willing to spend more on the best because they value core strengths and quality, things that are harder to quantify, as much as features.
Fully agree. The guy I know with the armada bought for value. He said his new was about the same price as a 4 year old LX/LC. That said armada’s are everywhere up here in AK. The 2 with QX bought over an LX due to the “bells and whistles”. To me the exterior of the QX looks odd but the interior and tech is much more “wow” than my LX. And I was shocked that the LX and QX are pretty much the same price. None of them ever off road. One guy with the QX tows a camper about the size of mine and he says it goes well.

I think the reason we don’t see many built and off roading is here in the US we can’t get any of the versions with off road hardware. All US versions have 20”, no lockers, no off road tech,...

But you are looking at this as 100 % toward the LC/LX. The OP was also looking at a Sequoia and the QX is an alternative. 95% of the population doesn't use these vehicles to their capability. Nissan sells the same pink panty versions as Toyota in North America.

My understanding is the Patrol based QX (2018?) is entirely improved over the previous version. I don't have a lot of time in the seat of a QX only as rental cars for about 1 week. But the '18 I drove was a nice ride and tweener to the LX and Seq.

The Patrol platform is amazing on paper. Their biggest market by far is here in the UAE. Unless you're planning to trade it in every couple of years, don't bother. The interior will 100% fall apart at the 50-60k (2-3 years) milestone.

The front lower arm bushings need to be replaced every year or so, but Nissan doesn't offer just the bushing you will need to replace the whole lower arm. (Toyota is the same but they almost never require replacement even after a decade in my case). If you do offroad in one, sand/dirt will get into your steering assembly and cause vibration which requires an under carriage wash along with an alignment.

They also like to lose all their coolant as the radiator is highly prone to leakage. If you don't always keep an eye on your coolant temp gauge, your engine will seize and it's time for a new one.

But you are looking at this as 100 % toward the LC/LX. The OP was also looking at a Sequoia and the QX is an alternative. 95% of the population doesn't use these vehicles to their capability. Nissan sells the same pink panty versions as Toyota in North America.

My understanding is the Patrol based QX (2018?) is entirely improved over the previous version. I don't have a lot of time in the seat of a QX only as rental cars for about 1 week. But the '18 I drove was a nice ride and tweener to the LX and Seq.
I hope no one else posts about Nissan in this thread. that company has serious quality and integrity issues and is not even close to being in Toyota's league.

Someone made a comparison to hyundia the other day. I'm not sure that is fair to hyundia.

Toyota has a new Turbo V6/Hybrid which will be in the 2021 Tundra. It is likely to be in the LC and Sequoia. I definitely do not want a v6 with a hybrid. Someone else can have that.

The 4runner is okay, but a v6 just doesn't rumble....nor will the new turbo v6 hybrid. Not interested in the lexus model . I liked the 470 but it's gone.

So I'm trying to move into one of the Toyota SUV's that still has the 5.7. i really like this drivetrain (I have it in my Tundra).

a top of the line sequoia is 72k and the land cruiser is 88k. The Sequoia for price point will have value however I feel that value doesnt get you over the top, so just go with the lc200.

Also if you plan on lifting the whatever you buy the more reason to go with the lc200. The lc200 is already a pain in the A$$ to lift because the front is Tundra and the rear sockets for the suspension are fj cruiser of some sort. The Sequoia is worse because of there are none to consider for the rear because the platinum is independent rear and the sr5 isnt but no company made any lift options. I'm pretty sure if you search deep you will fine the sequoia people that figured out a way but searching forums sometimes takes hours and days and you wont find much. My 2 cents. :p

Worn bushings and leaking radiators? That's much worse than dead starters, leaking water pumps and.... leaking radiators.

In all seriousness, I used to be a Nissan fan. Their 90s lineup (overseas at least) was pretty great. Now, not at all. The Titan is an abomination. The GTR and 370z/350z are, essentially, 12 and 16 years old. I had a whatever-the-g37-is-called-now Infiniti as a rental. It was shocking unrefined. It was quick though, for what it is.

Too bad for a nameplate that offered us the S13-S15, Y60, R32, Z32, Hard body, (first) Pathfinder, ect... In the 90s.

a top of the line sequoia is 72k and the land cruiser is 88k. The Sequoia for price point will have value however I feel that value doesnt get you over the top, so just go with the lc200.

I have seen Platinum 4x4's loaded out in area with sticker over $76K, at that point you can just buy a new LC at invoice for $2K more. That said, $8-14K off of a Sequoia is an everyday thing so you'd still be $14K ahead with the Tree.

I agree with most here, you'd likely regret not purchasing the 200 so you might as well go with your gut and get what you really want.

Worn bushings and leaking radiators? That's much worse than dead starters, leaking water pumps and.... leaking radiators.

I know you're being sarcastic, but I own 5 vehicles running the 5.7 with a cumulative milage of over 300k miles and non of them had any of the issues you mentioned. The only major problem was the alternator going out on my '07 Tundra after 6 years and 80k miles.

The probability of a patrol having the issues I mention above is significantly higher, and the bushings going out happens on all of them 100% of the time. There is a reason why the patrol doesn't hold it's value as well as the LC.

I know you're being sarcastic, but I own 5 vehicles running the 5.7 with a cumulative milage of over 300k miles and non of them had any of the issues you mentioned. The only major problem was the alternator going out on my '07 Tundra after 6 years and 80k miles.

The probability of a patrol having the issues I mention above is significantly higher, and the bushings going out happens on all of them 100% of the time. There is a reason why the patrol doesn't hold it's value as well as the LC.

If you know I was being sarcastic why reply in a serious manner? :cool:

Furthermore, put a few dirham on Khabib over Dustin for me.

One of my buddies on Facebook was posting a low miles qx80 2015 for $24k. Wtf! That's a steal. No way land cruisers would get that low without 200k miles.

I mean..if I didnt have my lc200 than this is a strong option personally because of the deal. Haha. But I'm a Toyota guy through and through.

Screenshot_20190711-180053_Facebook.jpg

Just an anecdote from an internet stranger: I have a neighbor/good friend who bought a Sequoia Platinum 6mos after I bought my LC. He swore he needed a BIG car because he's a BIG guy. He touted all the bells and whistles like the cupholders, auto tailgate, and power folding seats. Neither of us NEED a large 4wd SUV, he works from home and I have a 54mi commute everyday. His kids are grown and I only have one. I love my cruiser, I wash/detail it every weekend, have modified it to my liking, and it makes me smile every time I see it. He still has the Sequoia, it has been neglected since the first fender bender, has never been modified save for BFG KO2's, and it hasn't been washed or cleaned inside for minimum 6mos. He now constantly searches for LC's and regrets not pulling the trigger when he had the chance. Having an LC is special, hard to describe but you'll know it when you have one. Just my opinion but if was in the market to "upgrade my wife", a new LC would be a great choice. Good luck sir

:D I like the way it sounded

I was on the fence too last March but after driving both trucks the only option for me became completely clear despite the extra money. The Sequoia drives like a forerunner and the LC drives like NOTHING ELSE on the road.

I second the Armada/Qx recommendation. They're good vehicles as it's basically a Patrol without KDSS.

J vin Nissan's are good...but everything else, no thanks. Nissan is the FCA of Japanese cars. I still recommend J vin Toyotas though like the Armada

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom