Lean drop - FSM vs Sticker (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Greetings - I recently noticed that the sticker under my hood describes the lean drop method with a target of 800 rpm. This is different than the fsm (and everything I’ve read online) which describes a target of 650 rpm. I’ve tuned to 650 and all seems good, but I might retry to tune at the higher value to see if anything changes.

1979 2f btw

anyone have any insight into this?

Thank you

800rpm seems like too much for the engine itself. Do you have engine accessories, power steering, AC, smog pump? I can barely hear my 2F at idle; it is probably in the high 500s, and love it.

Yes it has stock ps and aftermarket ac. You think Toyota increased the idle rpm because of the ps?
BA8157AD-A0F0-43F6-93D6-077E4905F26E.jpeg

hi Ari

do you have a stand alone mechanical full needle sweep vacuum gauge available to use here on this topic ?

like my example pic here of the one installed in my 2005 TUNDRA ?

DSCN9941.JPG

I do. It’s not as nice as your yazaki.

It’s pulling about 17-18 at idle.

If I set the idle rpm higher would this Just reduce my fuel efficiency? Any possible benefit?

I can understand that the power steering might function better.. easier to turn while still.

If I set the idle rpm higher would this Just reduce my fuel efficiency? Any possible benefit?

I can understand that the power steering might function better.. easier to turn while still.

Do you know and understand Ari , how to use and apply the vacuum gauge final Tweek Timing adjustment technique ?

if not , thats ok , :)

I can help you , give me a shout on my shop hot line # , i will better explain over a 5 minute Live Tech call , then you be expert on this ..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom