Leaks on the backend of 2F (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a slow, persistent oil leak that accumulates around the clutch inspection cover. Rear main is fresh and the flywheel is dry. Oil pan is dry and the leak looks higher than that. Valve cover gasket is fresh-ish and dry. The sides of the block and head are dry. Oil galley has been plugged and is dry.

Wherever is leaking is fairly high and on the firewall side of the engine.

What am I missing?

side cover gasket? And there is a plug at the back end of the block next to the last camshaft bearing.

1590673331688.png

Another common leak is the transmission input shaft seal and transmission front bearing retainer gasket. Gear oil will weep past them into the clutch inspection cover - and drip off

PCV hoses in good shape or dry and cracked?

Get an articulated inspection mirror and a strong light, or run a clean rag between the head/block and firewall. Start high and go down.

I have a slow, persistent oil leak that accumulates around the clutch inspection cover. Rear main is fresh and the flywheel is dry. Oil pan is dry and the leak looks higher than that. Valve cover gasket is fresh-ish and dry. The sides of the block and head are dry. Oil galley has been plugged and is dry.

Wherever is leaking is fairly high and on the firewall side of the engine.

What am I missing?

Let us know when you find it... I have the same problem with the same conditions (new seals and gaskets all around and above there) Mine's definitely engine oil, not gear oil.

@2mbb , side cover gaskets look dry. Anyone had that cap leak?

@OSS, I'm pretty sure it is motor oil and the input seal is fresh

@cruisermatt , I'll take another look but I'm pretty sure pcv and hoses are dry

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom