leaking .....windshield? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I have water slowly dripping from passenger corner of windshield. It seems to need a moderate amount of water to start leaking as it never happens when washing car, only when driving and a fair amount of rain. It's a slow drip about 2 inches from the passenger corner on top edge. Any ideas?

Thnx, Vince

Also, sunroof drain is clear and outer seal on windshield seems to be in complete contact with the glass.

Thnx again, Vince

is it leaking by the seam in the headliner?

search for moonroof/sunroof leak. If its taking a while to leak I would say its that.
Either your drain lines are clogged or your sunroof needs adjusting.
Mine leaks, my lines are clear but the seal isnt working and is letting too much water in. Ill fix it one of these days.

It's leaking between the rubber and glass.

if you confirmed moonroof leakage you can also confirm if you insurance covers road hazards and then if you happen to chip your windshield it would need to be replaced.

::)

I don't think it's the moonroof. It doesnt leak when I wash it and when I head out in the rain it takes a lil while for it to start leaking. My 1st guess was the outer windshield seal cuz it is dripping inside from between the glass and rubber but the outer seal seems to be in fine shape.Think I should remove the headliner and peak around?

Thnx, Vince

Is it the factory glass, or was it replaced by a previous owner? Mine's been replaced 3 times already :cheers:. I've had bad luck with the morons at some shops since they apparently never learned where to put the adhesive. :mad:

You have to glue the windshield in between. See factory manual. Glass shops don't want to do this because it makes removing the winshield difficult next time. They will also not be able to re-use the gasket.

UGH!!!!
THIS ISSUE REALLY PISSES ME OFF :mad:

Rick B. and I had a similar discussion/problem....

My story. Last year i had a chip in the windshield. I called the local glass guys out. They replaced my OEM Glass/gasket with new glass and gasket and no glue.

First off..
1. The new GLASS SUCKS! It has only been less than a year and it already has millions of little tiny craters in it and another chip! :mad:
2. The new "factory" gasket they installed doesnt fit completely in the corners. :mad: :mad:
3. The guy told me that "Land cruisers dont use glue on the windshield"..I didnt know any better so i agreed with him. Now i know that it BS! :mad: :mad: :mad:

So, now everytime it rains i get leaks along the bottom and top corners of my glass...AND to top it off when it snows (and the snow melts)..it leaves road salt INSIDE my winshield seals! My freaking inside seal looks like a G-D Margarita!!

So, since i have ANOTHER chip in my glass...i feel sorry for the next glass guy i call (will not call the same a-holes i called before). I feel sorry for him (or her) because i will demand..
1. FACTORY OEM Glass :D
2. FACTORY OEM Gaskets :D :D
3. ALL THE F-IN GLUE THEY CAN PUT ON IT! :D :D :D

ok..venting session has stopped for the day.

Take care,
Joe

Yes this does flippin SUCK! I know the po had the windshield replaced and now the beatch leaks... they didn't glue it obviously.

Thnx for the input guys, Vince

My truck started leaking on the DS bottom corner after I had the windshield replaced by a good company. The water seemed to go down inside between the glass and rubber and then come back up inside and pool. Then after enough came in, it would drip on my feet. This only happened when we got a lot of rain at once. After about a year and the glass company trying to seal it a few more times I noticed that my flashers & fuses on the DS kick panel were starting to rust from all the water. :mad: I would get a buzzing sound from under there when it rained to. I was able to get a hold of the company owner and explained my problem and the rust. In about a week they took my truck to one of their shops and brought it back with all new (Toyota) fuses and flashers. They guy who brought the truck back said he had never scene them use so much goop. Well, it doesnt leak anymore and I have shiny things under my dash :eek:

Not sure if this helps at all,

Brian

[quote author=- S.A. - link=board=2;threadid=8807;start=msg76405#msg76405 date=1071586098]
My freaking inside seal looks like a G-D Margarita!!

[/quote]

I lost it at this line :D Sorry Joe, I can't stop laughing.....

On the serious side, that blows....

[quote author=Macondawg link=board=2;threadid=8807;start=msg76922#msg76922 date=1071685495]
Where can I buy some "F-IN glue"? Sounds like thats what i need! [/quote]
[move]
laugh2.gif
[/move]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom