Leaking windows (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

atlshaun

GOLD Star
Threads
All of my external door windows have these gaps and water just oozes in when it rains

Are these original and somehow shrunk?
Am I missing a piece?

EAC7A876-0FAF-4F7E-94D8-0AF9661D69E2.jpeg

C28D53E4-CD6B-4563-9A84-C7C21D592725.jpeg

I've been thinking about reproducing those small rubber trim pieces on the ends of the chrome. I'd need to find four good ones first and that hasn't happened thus far.

Are you getting water inside the cabin?

There are drains on the bottom of the door that often get clogged. Might not hurt to pull your door cards and take a look-see at your door bottoms and maybe blow/vacuum them out. Any water coming in around the seal should drain freely out the bottom of the door.

Are you getting water inside the cabin?

There are drains on the bottom of the door that often get clogged. Might not hurt to pull your door cards and take a look-see at your door bottoms and maybe blow/vacuum them out. Any water coming in around the seal should drain freely out the bottom of the door.
My door cards are pulled and the water drains but I didn’t think they would have designed the windows this way

I was just curious if my outer felt/seal is cracked or missing where those gaps exist

There is no missing piece, the seals have shrunk due to age and UV degradation.
Look at the second photo, see the 'ghost' of where the seal once was on the chrome?
There is no solution short of finding NOS exterior seals. :bang:

There is no missing piece, the seals have shrunk due to age and UV degradation.
Look at the second photo, see the 'ghost' of where the seal once was on the chrome?
There is no solution short of finding NOS exterior seals. :bang:
Thank you

Thank you
City Racer sells after market outers for the 60 series. All black, no chrome. They are reasonably priced and will cover that gap you've got with your current outers. I just installed a set, and they seal up nicely.

City Racer sells after market outers for the 60 series. All black, no chrome. They are reasonably priced and will cover that gap you've got with your current outers. I just installed a set, and they seal up nicely.
As soon as they reopen their site i’ll be on it thx dude

As soon as they reopen their site i’ll be on it thx dude
No worries. Glad to help. I've been very pleased with the quality. City Racer is a mighty fine place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom