Leaking shock absorbers 2013 lx 136k miles (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

32cls6speedmt

SILVER Star
Threads
The lx rides well and well maintained. I have 2013 Lexus lx 570 that has one front shock absorbers leaking and one rear leaking shock absorber. So i will have to have all four replaced. I will also have the four globes replaced since I have purchased them. I assume the shock absorbers can be purchased from the Lexuspartsnow since I can not find them on any Toyota discount parts. How many 2.5 liter ahc fluid suspension fluid will I need? I am guessing four.

What else should be replaced? How many labor hours?

The lx rides well and well maintained. I have 2013 Lexus lx 570 that has one front shock absorbers leaking and one rear leaking shock absorber. So i will have to have all four replaced. I will also have the four globes replaced since I have purchased them. I assume the shock absorbers can be purchased from the Lexuspartsnow since I can not find them on any Toyota discount parts. How many 2.5 liter ahc fluid suspension fluid will I need? I am guessing four.

I'm in Atlanta area and good to see a local enthusiast.
What's the milage?
I replaced my 4 globes as well but mine has 172K with no sign of leakage.

Could you post some pic to see the actual leakage?
Are you going to perform to work by yourself?

Most folks buy their globes from Dubai from eBay seller JDMPLANET. they are like 1/3 the price from us part distributors. Shocks are super cheap and doesn’t matter much.

Unless your shock is really weeping and performance has changed I wouldn’t consider it urgent.

Last edited:
767B25E3-53CC-4E1D-BD26-C5E9258F0DEE.jpeg

0A4D73CA-A3D8-4401-9C39-C41772668861.jpeg

5647CFA9-5682-4598-A05C-16FABCDB3AFF.jpeg

Definitely shouldn't need more than 2 cans of AHC fluid. You could get a 3rd for just in case, but be surprised if you needed it. I also agree with post above...Seeing a little oil on the shock is not really a cause for concern. At least not critical concern. But nothing hurt by replacing them either, at least to replace all the bushings involved.

I hate leaks. There was some oil residue on the front and rear wheel well. I am guessing it came from the shock absorbers. Everything works well for now. I am in stage of planning and ordering since delivery will take a week. I despise of being stranded with family in a random area without anyone knowledge of the ahc except from the mud family.

Definitely wont try to change your mind but mine were significantly work when I replaced them on my 2008 LX. They were dripping down the shock body and was starting to see the fluid level change.

Last edited:
I ordered 3 cans of the 2.5 liter ahc suspension fluid from Mcgeorge Toyota parts. I have five quarts of the one quart plastic bottles but no need to risk it.

I ordered from this afternoon from mcgeorge suspension fluid and received tracking that it will be here on Friday.

Does anyone have part numbers for the bushing? Also any idea on how many bailable hours for the bushings and shock absorbers?

The globes and suspension fluid flush will be two hours.

Last edited:
Dont the bushings come with the new shocks?

Yes to the ones pressed into the bottom eyelet. I assumed he was talking about replacing the bushings associated with the top hat which do need to be purchased separately.

Thanks for the responses. I would like to know all wear items that can be replaced while replacing the shock absorbers.

Any update ? I’m about to do globes and front shocks soon , looking for advice on the easiest process to get this done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom