Leaking Power Steering Cooler - Replace with OEM or Aftermarket? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I’ve recently noticed a small leak towards the front passenger side of my LX570 (2008) and it took me almost a month to figure out where it was coming from. It looks like my power steering cooler lines are leaking. I have a 2008 LX with 150k miles. Being a North East truck I feel happy it make it this long...... I did a quick search and saw some 100 guys discussing replacing the cooler but did not see anytnjng in regards to a 200/LX570.
Any suggestions/words of wisdom for replacements? Looks like OEM is about $500 and I see some “OEM” for just under $300. Would an aftermarket (more generic) cooler work/be cheaper/last longer? I’m leaning towards the real OEM thing and getting another decade+ from the setup.

EFD46497-E7CE-48FF-B9A3-3C5E44B39C13.jpeg

With stuff like this I tend to lean toward factory parts. Shop around and you can find lower prices. My go-to is Olathe parts.

I can't tell from the picture (on my phone) but also make sure your lines are good. I have a lot of corrosion on my lines (also a northeast rig). I suspect this is where mine will eventually fail.

Trans Cooler - Toyota (32910-60161)
  • List Price:$508.91
  • You Save:$127.23 (25% off)
  • Sale Price:$381.68

With stuff like this I tend to lean toward factory parts. Shop around and you can find lower prices. My go-to is Olathe parts.

I can't tell from the picture (on my phone) but also make sure your lines are good. I have a lot of corrosion on my lines (also a northeast rig). I suspect this is where mine will eventually fail.

Trans Cooler - Toyota (32910-60161)
  • List Price:$508.91
  • You Save:$127.23 (25% off)
  • Sale Price:$381.68
Looks like it's $268.81 shipped on partsouq.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom