Leaking oil along passenger side running boards. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Has anybody encountered this issue and have a fix? The AHC fluid doesn’t seem to be affected and no leaks around the accumulator or AHC lines. Is there a leak covered behind the running boards?

8EDC5439-8787-42A9-9200-FC258FA4F2E4.jpeg

FF4119AF-6043-43F5-A7AB-9A0D5230A528.jpeg

3A696C8E-6372-4FC0-81AF-24E5A3CD66C8.jpeg

Check AHC and brake fluid level in reservoirs. Be sure to check brake fluid as directions on brake reservoir. Top and watch level in each if low!

Brake reservoir
Brake reservoir (3).JPG

The oil runs through the front passenger somewhere and drains through the channels to the back. Does anybody have any idea how this is happening? I hope I don’t have to tear down the dashboard to see where?

The oil is light brown that I can’t distinguish between AHC vs brake fluid. So does the heater core have oil fluid ?
Really not sure. But by the time the fluid you’re seeing runs along the channel, I’m sure it picks up all kind of junk making it undistinguishable.

Maybe try parking the other way and then see where the fluid goes.

I just don’t see how an external fluid like ahc or brake fluid can enter the cabin. I also don’t know much 😂

Perhaps a passenger's Mr. Pibb they failed to mention??

Fluid level will be your best clues! i.e brake or AHC reservoir.

Also consider the possibility you drove over some liquid that splashed up there.

In any case clean and watch.

Has anybody encountered this issue and have a fix? The AHC fluid doesn’t seem to be affected and no leaks around the accumulator or AHC lines. Is there a leak covered behind the running boards?

View attachment 3092861

View attachment 3092862

View attachment 3092866
Update: I finally found out this oil was leaking from the rear passenger seats hydraulic shocks. Oil puddle onset the seat locks. This oil is now gone and no longer dripping.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom