Leaking fluid from brake pedal (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have what appears to be brake fluid leaking from the base of the brake pedal onto my floor mat. Is this an easy fix? Brakes are working fine and there is still plenty of fluid in the reservoir.

I have what appears to be brake fluid leaking from the base of the brake pedal onto my floor mat. Is this an easy fix? Brakes are working fine and there is still plenty of fluid in the reservoir.
Sure it’s not the clutch? Clutch will leak into the cab. If so, it’s an easy fix. Two bolts. Adjust the clutch master to the pedal. Bleed the system. If it is the clutch master you might go ahead and change the hose and slave cylinder. All together it shouldn’t be more than $100 and an hour or so of work.

Sure it’s not the clutch? Clutch will leak into the cab. If so, it’s an easy fix. Two bolts. Adjust the clutch master to the pedal. Bleed the system. If it is the clutch master you might go ahead and change the hose and slave cylinder. All together it shouldn’t be more than $100 and an hour or so of work.

i need your modle year and modle id code or VIN #

i stock all clautch slave and master brakes cylinders instock

I think @cps432 is onto something. If the clutch master leaks it could pass through the firewall and into the cabin. If the brake master leaks it will leak into the booster.

I think @cps432 is onto something. If the clutch master leaks it could pass through the firewall and into the cabin. If the brake master leaks it will leak into the booster.
This was my experience. My leaky brake master leaked into the booster, not the cab.

Thanks very much. That makes sense. I will look at it more closely later this week.

It is definitely the clutch cylinder leaking. @ToyotaMatt it is a 1985 FJ60 VIN #JTFJ60G9F1127540 April 1985. Which precise part should I order and how much w/ shipping to 92677?

Thanks.

stand by

ill do the R&D now and report back

i have these in-stock OEM too ........

i always include ALL new oem mounting hardware too

i have the oem non usa return springs too if needed ...fyi

Its the clutch you would have to loose a few gallons of brake fuild to fill the booster enough to leakinto the cab.Plus with your booster full of fuild you would have to pwr assist.

It is definitely the clutch cylinder leaking. @ToyotaMatt it is a 1985 FJ60 VIN #JTFJ60G9F1127540 April 1985. Which precise part should I order and how much w/ shipping to 92677?

Thanks.

4/85 there is a production date change in parts , NOT interchangeable ?

slave cylinder

stand by

clutch master cylinder also ?

u have a 4/85

this is where it gets real interesting ............ 🤔

Yes, the fact that it’s a 4/85 manufacture date is kind of annoying. I usually order parts for the 4/85 to 8/87 spec. Probably go ahead and get the Slave cylinder and clutch master.

Its the clutch you would have to loose a few gallons of brake fuild to fill the booster enough to leakinto the cab.Plus with your booster full of fuild you would have to pwr assist.
It’s a slow leak from the cylinder where it connects to the clutch pedal. It’s dripping down the clutch pedal onto my floor mat.

Probably a stupid question, but the same assembly from Toyota is $141. The Aisin seems like a no-brainer. Why would anyone buy the Toyota part (other than people like me who were previously ignorant apparently)?

It’s a slow leak from the cylinder where it connects to the clutch pedal. It’s dripping down the clutch pedal onto my floor mat.
Make sure you clean that up well. That stuff is caustic to paint.

Probably a stupid question, but the same assembly from Toyota is $141. The Aisin seems like a no-brainer. Why would anyone buy the Toyota part (other than people like me who were previously ignorant apparently)?
Aisin is Toyota. The dealership isn’t called the stealership for nothing.

Aisin is Toyota. The dealership isn’t called the stealership for nothing.

This is what I have and recommend

U must replace the slave too

Why ?

All the crap from master failure flows down hill like all HIT does ..

Falure there is only down the block 2 miles

This is a kit and package best suited to do it one time and walk away happy for lifetime

And of course stamped mark numbers bolts heads !

And

Oem. Hydraulic fluid is included as a gift 🎁

C25DB31C-2D6D-4A61-8334-6EB4F3A65EDC.jpeg
535FB0EA-7EE5-4AA3-A9E9-A5155E959626.jpeg
D249B78B-830E-44F2-B6BB-3844E6E76EF2.jpeg
4F2AC7CB-B63E-4E55-8D7F-CB27C19FE54B.jpeg
BDF97023-DC94-4FDE-BA6E-7C0B370CE43A.jpeg
7DA9E40D-3A5D-432E-9E83-B940E6C72029.jpeg

Thought I’d come to be prob at least number three or more to say…. Clutch master number 1 diagnosis is leaking inside cab against firewall. Definitely get the slave too because they are often soon to follow in failure.

Based on your frame number (FJ60-127540), you would need parts listed as "from 04/1985"...But the VIN you posted isn't correct as it only has 16, not 17 digits. If the last six digits isn't really "127540" then we should check again.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom