Leak between brake MC and Booster... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
...means my MC is going bad, correct? Its a '78 FJ40. I would think I would feel the booster going bad during braking.

Are there any tips, tricks or gotchas that I need to know about before I get started with repair? What is the likely culprit, part-wise, that fails most often inside one of these things? Unless it is something really simple, I am inclined to just buy & install a whole new MC than spend hours trying to milk a few more miles out of this one.

Any other parts I should consider buying, or does the OEM MC come with everything I will need?

Thanks for any wisdom and advice.

Good idea to go with OEM...

Hit Cdan out here...he will take care of you.

Pretty strait-forward swap.

10mm flare nut wrench may help if the lines are stubborn...

Good luck!

-Steve

Always OEM!

When there's a choice, anyway!

I figure that if the original MC lasted 28 years, replacing with OEM means I probably will never have to mess with it again....I'll probably be dead or in a home by the time it needs replacing!

casbuffs2 said:
When there's a choice, anyway!

I figure that if the original MC lasted 28 years, replacing with OEM means I probably will never have to mess with it again....I'll probably be dead or in a home by the time it needs replacing!

Yea but........

I just called the dealer for a MC for my 83 mini truck. $210.00 The hell with that. Auto Zone has rebuilt Asain, lifetime garentee for $25 bucks.If they only last 10 years, I may have to slap in another one.
Sure, my 1st choice would be OEM, and it was on my fj40, but the auto zone brake stuff has been working good on my mini. The MC was rebuilt in Italy.The slaves were new casting's from Italy also.
aw

offrd63 said:
Auto Zone has rebuilt Asain, lifetime garentee for $25 bucks.

Please post up the Auto Zone part number....

Poser said:
Please post up the Auto Zone part number....

I had a 13/16" bore. I replaced it with a 7/8". Item: M52017. $24.99 Core exchange $17.00. You need to keep and reuse your reservoir.
aw

thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom