Leak at the tcase pinion flange! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.octagonmma.com
I have my tranny out waiting for install and it was gone through and resealed, filled, etc. by a local shop. Fast forward a year or two and its still out on the cart in my shop and now its leaking from the pinion flange and the inspection port.

Suggestions?

...this is going to be a real longshot but I would say to replace the pinion seal and 'inspection port' gasket. It won't heal itself!

leak

you didn't say whether it is the front or rear leaking. but if it is the rear, is it leaking inside the brake drum? if so then you can take the sealholding piece and send to mark to have it double sealed.. if it is leaking around the nut, pull the nut and washer apply a liberal dose of silicon. then just reinstall washer and nut and torque. this should cure that type of leak. jim

not sure of mark's address or # but he is on the forum alot.

Hi All:

AFAIK, "Dino oil" is regular oil, which is refined crude petroleum, versus synthetic oil, which is a manufactured petroleum product. Synthetic oil will more readily leak because it possesses even, consistent molecules while "dino oil" has irregular molecules (which do not flow quite as smoothly.)

Regards,

Alan

------------------------------------------------------------------
what's dino oil?:confused:

Front pinion, sorry guys, and it's full of synthetic. So replace the seal, ok. Looks like gask-a-seal was used on the inspection port. I'm bitching because the damn thing has never been run. Oh well. More $ down the tubes....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom