Leafspring lengths FJ40 vs FJ60 for SOA (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm working on collecting parts for an SOA on my '78 FJ40. The current springs on the 40 look like a collection of mismatched springs from other vehicles put together by a blind man with his feet. I have access to a full set of stock '84 FJ60 springs that are in good condition. I know that the FJ60 front springs are pretty close to the same length as an FJ40's, but what about the rears? Can the FJ60 rear springs be used on the FJ40 for an SOA? I plan to flip the springs to gain some wheelbase (5.3LS/TH350/splitcase). Ill be using RuffStuff FJ60 spring hangers with their SOA kit.

Has anyone used this setup or something similar? I don't want to stretch the frame unless I absolutely have to.

I'm working on collecting parts for an SOA on my '78 FJ40. The current springs on the 40 look like a collection of mismatched springs from other vehicles put together by a blind man with his feet. I have access to a full set of stock '84 FJ60 springs that are in good condition. I know that the FJ60 front springs are pretty close to the same length as an FJ40's, but what about the rears? Can the FJ60 rear springs be used on the FJ40 for an SOA? I plan to flip the springs to gain some wheelbase (5.3LS/TH350/splitcase). Ill be using RuffStuff FJ60 spring hangers with their SOA kit.

Has anyone used this setup or something similar? I don't want to stretch the frame unless I absolutely have to.
Yea u can use rear fj60 springs without stretching the frame.

I've got Alcan FJ60 length springs and I'm SOA. I had them relax the arch 1" or so, to keep the height down a bit. They are also flipped. I moved the rear shackle hanger to rear as far as I could go, while still keeping it under the frame, they are mounted flush with the rear of the frame. Some guys have mounted them vertically on the rear of the bumper in order to get another 1" or so. I then set the front spring mount as necessary for the shackle angle I wanted, with all the rig weight on. I also disassembled the spring pack during this process to just the main leaf, and flattened it to make sure I had full stuff and that everything looked good

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom