LEAF SPRING (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello All,I have acquired an 82 fj40 diesel,had a broken rear leaf right at shackle mount,considering putting +2 1/4 on rear.My question is do guys put the same lift on front or do they a little more or less...I'm getting a crash course in cruisers, and dont want to run into any unforeseen issues, any info is much appreciated thanks!

Welcome to Mud.

Theres a lot of info and opinions on springs and suspension set ups out there. Almost too much. I’ve been trying to decide on what direction to go for over 2 years!

Here’s the FAQ on suspensions

The Old Man Emu 2” lift is a favorite around here. I’d shoot for an even height front and rear.

Welcome to Mud.

Theres a lot of info and opinions on springs and suspension set ups out there. Almost too much. I’ve been trying to decide on what direction to go for over 2 years!

Here’s the FAQ on suspensions

The Old Man Emu 2” lift is a favorite around here. I’d shoot for an even height front and rear.
Thank you,I thought that it would be the simple answer,...rather ask than learn something the hard way.

I'd suggest that you determine the look and function you're looking for first. Once you have the plan then you can see what parts you're going to need to make your plan work. Otherwise you'll end up spending money on parts that won't fit or function for where you want to end up.

If you want to simply get it on the road then find a stock replacement spring to replace the broken one. Chances are there are plenty of folks around here that might be able to help you get it going.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom