Leaf Spring seat question FJ60/FJ62 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

SHERMAN FJ62

Charlestons' King of Cruisers
Threads
My rear psg side leaf spring seat is damaged and rusting our. Can’t seem to find a FJ62 one. Is there any issue with using one from a FJ60. Sorry no pictures but the general shape is similar but the FJ62 seat seems to be better built.

The FJ62 rear passenger side spring plate is different. The shock mount pin is offset (longer) towards the front of the vehicle, the pass. rear shock actually sits more forward than the rear d-side shock. This is to accommodate/match the forward dogleg in the upper shock mount tube on the fj62. Why the dogleg?....looking at it I assume it is to make more room for the fuel line routing on the 62 coming out of the gas tank.
Don't think any of the 60's have this offset...correct me if I'm wrong.

You can use the 60 plate, but your rear shocks will be working at slightly different angles to each other. Does it make a difference? could it be a little harder on the bushings?...maybe, don't know.

I went through this recently trying to fit a ubolt flip kit on my 62, I opted to keep it stock in order to keep my shocks working in the same plane.

You'll never be able to match the ride height side to side by installing one used spring. It's not going to match what you've got (due to different wear) and one side will lean.

When one spring is shot, both should be replaced (if you want the cruiser level).

You'll never be able to match the ride height side to side by installing one used spring. It's not going to match what you've got (due to different wear) and one side will lean.

When one spring is shot, both should be replaced (if you want the cruiser level).
I am talking about spring seats Or the mounting bracket but I appreciate the info

Reactions: OSS
Hello everyone

any idea where in the US i would be able to buy front and rear leaf spring for FJ62 with the original specs, not lifted

Thank you very much
PS: I am new here, first time I am asking a question

Hello everyone

any idea where in the US i would be able to buy front and rear leaf spring for FJ62 with the original specs, not lifted

Thank you very much
PS: I am new here, first time I am asking a question
I think SOR.com carries a grocery go getter kit for the stock ride height. It’s not cheap at all when compared to the lift kits. But if it must stay factory that’s probably your best option. Either that or find a suspension shop that makes custom springs and have some fabbed up.

Oh, and welcome to mud! :flipoff2:

Resurrecting this a bit. Was looking for info on 63 spring seats and shock geometry. This was helpful.

For the question about stock ride height, for one of my 60s I took it down to a spring shop and they reached the springs and set it back to right. Replaced a cracked leaf in one of the packs for good measure. It wasn't super expensive. $250 or so 10 years ago. I didn't get to keep that one more than a year after that repair, but it rode well. It was lifted compared to flat tired springs. 31" tires looked right at home.

• Seat Sub-Assy, Spring, LH
    • 48049-60021Seat Sub-Assy, Spring, LH
      $114.96$79.13
    View related parts
    View Details
  • Seat Sub-Assy,  Spring,  RH

Seat Sub-Assy, Spring, RH
    • 48048-60021Seat Sub-Assy, Spring, RH
      $119.84$82.50
Buy new if your budget allows

Users who are viewing this thread

Back