leaf spring questions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

jblueridge

SILVER Star
Threads
My new OME CS017RA springs in the back have the truck sitting higher than the old springs of the same model (of course).

If I decide I want to remove a leaf to I have to get the springs off the truck?
Which spring should I remove?
Many of the plastic spacers on the clips bolted across the leaf packs were destroyed during shipment: do I need to replace those?

Thanks for any help.

Usually it's the 4th leaf down from the top, but it can vary on some specific part numbers. Look at which leaf doesn't have a clamp riveted onto it (3rd, 4th down usually), and usually it will also have a squared off end instead of tapered.

You can get those clips from OME, they're anti-friction to keep the steel leafs off the steel clamps, and keep the springs "centered" better.

Thanks!

My new OME CS017RA springs in the back have the truck sitting higher than the old springs of the same model (of course).

If I decide I want to remove a leaf to I have to get the springs off the truck?
Which spring should I remove?
Many of the plastic spacers on the clips bolted across the leaf packs were destroyed during shipment: do I need to replace those?

Thanks for any help.

Make sure you give those springs plenty of time to settle. Having worked in suspension for years, removing a leaf is less than optimal and can cause mushy handling and leaf springs to prematurely collapse. People do it all the time, but I would have the springs modified by a professional before I started removing leaf springs. My $.02

I hear ya.
Maybe I should just load the back down with camping gear or extraction stuff.

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom