Leaf spring question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

rusty_tlc

Dain Bramaged Member
Threads
Website
forum.ih8mud.com
The Old Man Emu spring lift I did back in the day is just not working with my SOA. Just looking at it in the garage I can tell I need to get a lot lower.

I pulled as much as I could find of the OEM springs out of storage today but it looks pretty hopeless.

So what are my options?

I have no problem with non Toyota parts.

I guess I wasen't clear enough in my question. I been searching but I'm not finding what I was looking for.

I have heard of using Wagoner or F150 springs to add wheel base. I don't see much more than references to this.

What are the pros/cons?
What years/models work best?
Any other options (55 springs are in short supply around here.) ?

I'm starting to run into budget issues with my project so cost is a consideration. I can probably get Wagoner springs free.

Hi All:

What truck are we speaking of? 40 or 60 Series?

For a FJ40, I'd suggest finding either a set of stock 40 Series springs, or a set of stock 60/62 Series springs.

Stock 60/62 Series spring packs work well when doing a spring-over axle conversion on a FJ40. the front is a bit longer than stock, the rear is almost four inches longer than stock, and centered as well.

Take off those OME springs and sell 'em to help fund the project.

Good luck!

Alan
Seattle

Josie'sLandCruiser said:
Hi All:

What truck are we speaking of? 40 or 60 Series?

For a FJ40, I'd suggest finding either a set of stock 40 Series springs, or a set of stock 60/62 Series springs.

Stock 60/62 Series spring packs work well when doing a spring-over axle conversion on a FJ40. the front is a bit longer than stock, the rear is almost four inches longer than stock, and centered as well.

Take off those OME springs and sell 'em to help fund the project.

Good luck!

Alan
Seattle

you sure about that, i was always told (and the landcruiser FAQ states) that 60 series front springs are shorter than 40 series springs

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom