LCLC Chat (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

CharlestonG8R

Hey y'all!
SILVER Star
Threads
Figured Id kick off a general chatter thread... Not sure if one already exists?

Ran the 40 up to Charlotte to pick up Al's 80 for Mark. It did well! Al threw in a ton of spare parts.
image.jpg

Al and Eric joined us for a trip down to Greenville to the UC meeting. We then dropped the 40 off at TrollHole for some steering work. Drove well, but there is oil all over it from dripping off the axles, TC, and gearbox. Marshall is looking in to that as well. On our way home in Marks new 80!
image.jpg

image.jpg

Fun day!

Wish I knew you were going to Marshalls!!!!

Dude I thought you meant someone else's 80! Good to see Al's beast in another club and especially ours! We will take good care of her Al, she's in good hands.

sounds like a well played weekend trip...... Ive only ventured south to Beuafort in my 40.... would loove to make a Greenville day / overnight trip in her.

Wish I knew you were going to Marshalls!!!!

Did you need something? I still have to head back and pick it up when he's done with it... It was an all day affair, but it was a good. I'm hoarse from screaming. Literally. I couldn't hear myself talk over the wind coming in through the windows and the 40 engine.

Dude I thought you meant someone else's 80! Good to see Al's beast in another club and especially ours! We will take good care of her Al, she's in good hands.

She IS in good hands. Mark likes to crank wrenches and he's motivated to get her back in the trail in tip-top shape. I don't think he really likes climbing up in her, though... Might have to swap my 2.5" OME suspension with his 6" Slee :)

sounds like a well played weekend trip...... Ive only ventured south to Beuafort in my 40.... would loove to make a Greenville day / overnight trip in her.

I haven't spent much time in Greenville, but every time we go, I see a new part of the city. It's a really nice place! I wouldn't mind heading back and spending time there. I'd suggest going up early for Black Balsam, but I don't recommend you take your 40 on that trail... Your 40 is entirely too pretty for the "light pinstriping" that is inevitable.

There is a chat thread here somewhere, but you would have to search wayyyy back, probably 2009.
so we will just use this one instead.

This weekend, I got the Mercedes running.
Runs very well.
The vanes in the fuel pump were frozen. cleaned them up, oiled them, reinstalled them, and it started right up.
I didn't take it out of the neighborhood, but got it up to 25 so it would change gears.
the only issue I have to fix(parts ordered) is the shifter linkage that came apart.
I'm going to put it on Craigslist if you know anybody that is interested.
1972 Mercedes 280se 4.5 v8
I'll start at $5500.00
I'll post pics soon.

Man, that thing is really nice looking! I like the front headlights and the tags on the front grille. $5500 seems like a steal for someone that likes these vehicles... I can't look at it and not immediately think of filthy rich Arabian dignitaries...

I really like the front also, but it's just not me.

I love it.

@raevenzero what's the good word? You in town getting settled in? How are you liking it so far? When do we get to see that diesel 4Runner of yours again?

I'll be out of town in the N. Georgia mtns this week.(Boy Scout Camp) I'm not sure about internet service, but should have cel coverage.
I'll be back Saturday around midday.
Hopefully a relaxing trip except for the mile swim which I plan to do again.
See you guys on the 20th.

Took my dad for a ride in Elsie today. Finallly nailed the carb tune and she rides smooth.

I just noticed your Veterans' Highway link in your signature. Pretty cool!

Went out on Saturday to get some brisket from renowned Texas pitmaster, John Lewis. It was outstanding; most likely the best brisket in Charleston. I ate at his place in Austin earlier this year, so I had some idea of what to expect and it did not disappoint. The Texas "hot guts" sausages were delightful too.

He'll be set up at Saturday's at Revelry Brewing for the summer until his restaurant opens up. They serve at 12 noon and I was there about 30 minutes prior and got 6th in line. By the time he opened to serve there were well over 100 people in line so I don't know if rolling up 30 minutes beforehand will work again next week.

Revelry Brewing? Another microbrewery in Charleston?? How is it?

Revelry Brewing? Another microbrewery in Charleston?? How is it?

I like Revelry a lot. The MRS and I have been quite a few times; the staff are nice, usually decent music / musicians playing and most importantly the beer is good. In no particular order, I like the barrel aged scotch ale, the all brett IPA, and the Gullah cream ale. One of these afternoons, we should cruise up there after a HAMOM for a beverage.

I just noticed your Veterans' Highway link in your signature. Pretty cool!

Danny and Chungas suggested we Vets copy into our own.... Aye, Aye, Sir!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom