Events/Trails LCDC 6 Official Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

For those of you who have stayed at the Elizabeth Hotel in Ft. Collins before, what is the parking situation in the area? I checked Google Street view and it looks like the hotel has a parking garage. My minimal clearance is about 8 foot 2 inches, so garages are a no go for me. Is there other parking options in the area such as paid overnight lots or something similar for large trucks? Usually I would be camping in the RTT (hence the height), but gf is along for this trip, plus other friends already booked at the Elizabeth, so going the hotel route for a change. Im sure others have run into or are going to run into this same problem.
Most likely won’t fit in the garage. I fit fine in the garage there with lift and 3” Thule rack system. You can park on the street all around the hotel in the evening overnight. Just need to move by 8am I believe which you will.

How's the trail itinerary looking? I still have a campsite in RMNP reserved that I know should be fine for any trails near Estes, but not sure if we should be looking for another campsite or BLM further north?

I picked up a baofeng just need to study for tech license and we have some FRS walkies as well. Wife, 2yo and I will be tent camping 'somewhere' 😃
Finalizing trail days but probably a couple weeks before trail sign ups. Personally I would recommend camping closer to the Poudre river area vs RMNP it will be long drive every morning to most trails. Additionally we’ll only have 1 set of trails for the area near Estes. All other days you’ll be commuting towards the Poudre.

Well, if I had access to a garage with a door tall enough to get my truck into, it actually would be pretty easy to rig up a hoist to remove it. Me and 2 friends put it on the roof rack by just lifting it up when I got it, but that was kind of an emergency gotta get this done asap before my trip starts kinda deal. Its totally sucked doing it that way because my truck is lifted with bigger tires, but desperate times called for desperate measures. But now I've added an awning to it (alucab tent and alucab awning) so that makes it much heavier and more awkward than when we installed it. Plus we are camping near estes park mon and tues night before LCDC to hit RMNP, so want the RTT for that anyway. Even without the RTT and awning, I'm still at like 7 feet, so still doesn't fit most parking garages.

I recently sold my trailer so I had to move my AluCab RTT back to my roof rack.

When I originality moved it from the LC to the trailer I had a lot of help from my local Toyota offroad club.
h6IW8PKttbaEW6K9JLfLAmM1fV4zwi4JpchpxhX0tm-YXhBTKIJ6IVwkCyzqX0wB03PXuVMvbaumF9SbkNp5FI4ysKA5o-JcgcRVeZlHDKPdGlF2iu1hIlVjuAbcAn6EY0ekszivxgYAFGWm7DUl6rrqn2WRodldcwBN794bWQNHW3zGuyYTjBOkkTsw7NH4IWKLgxy1YR9l73ew4HQsjwCfs7cMtGMj1rODPHVId7t5-i9Ka8mhtrJYpmczz54CehZbqtoMCTgN2kXRt__PuLV3BgV5MPrusmyaaBfmvqN_ipO01DSNkeObAF-3NXYFad1TJYD7c05r4ZfkjQOLkZxPQmW8eel9geCVKxS6vCv-0uXh4hcxKhsRnUObL-aEHKBKT8uVoPR-HY_AEG_wLFYQY_6QCoywmZd_h7QMyYHekJqCDd6fCmWJHG8HPHY53xgB4CZ3kxGmYgkAedZRPvYJn4qVLcNHuT0TxM2c2q79Rthkx6dvgfj3PfGhhlVjXeU7UEu9qun3ezvXsp-3Oq52eDBLINYmS4WaTmc9eAOuciRVsTHWzzNwdhS_HQawNAvhApPH-qLBoaQgdqh0GsQb0I0qBd8HPSlPs6blZp3YKW4tp1X0tU_bfFnCOy5dXXb6-cNC69GQ4ULrb_xGq5SoAPIECcSZsCNWua4-PmWp0wFeh9GGLMRms_5FUPg=w960-h720-no

But now in the age of Corona Virus, I had to be a little more creative. It was a bit more work, but I got it done.
-k3zIV94-TvYT8dD9zpKoFw_I6D34f9_xBKWjUUV0ok4YPGvSw_gQQsPi3tlxD1ikoSTqdTNv7X48HmD7JBuiGKPlK8u4r8vXEkHoB-sPWrrvs2NDAy9wvCmAXk1dC8GPwKWlNew35vC4Au6yfzrG8RVeLJp6irCRm0wNy9M7-chYGB2UshJXhIv_LA_suhLnpC9qsBfPjzWwXNUxBOKwMuo8y3xjhYETeGgR1vOaEbeOZOuLfJ_NeM1Afrtg80epgBaB3z8s9v4vAKXf7J9ZdfO7ppgwTwjCrUryn_DjDtSZG2oaNHcO7NZrwiSvJqeq-zFhC_GkWe3MDKd4QsBNkqgGcf1teEZsqg7xB1wpNN_5SOw4ycrGeMaE-gWasXNhIe_8ESseVtA--lxot2id5NNRzYGr1_zQwlOzZK6EiDt19hIQJs-_eeSPKTyKiUs47VHU31rIKHY20GvyLLTNBRozMbFQVmYLN4hixjx6nLRlMMWFeoRO2S3WdusWuUN8R8AeNw3Mw5A4-xm5apV6J-z_WvBvH1euXcr5zcF-k07PI3xSLoWi6q8Fl9OLamOBdDTHEcGPfnN-8mFqhxmWOnu10426X3nw56NduiSwVOENCNVUy5RRWPd5NVyQ5pRB2zZCO1Z7l62gZCo4wZ13ipWb4ATbW2F5jUkO4Rbwpiiic_ghfVxJRw6PxAuoK8=w1157-h867-no

I recently sold my trailer so I had to move my AluCab RTT back to my roof rack.

When I originality moved it from the LC to the trailer I had a lot of help from my local Toyota offroad club.
h6IW8PKttbaEW6K9JLfLAmM1fV4zwi4JpchpxhX0tm-YXhBTKIJ6IVwkCyzqX0wB03PXuVMvbaumF9SbkNp5FI4ysKA5o-JcgcRVeZlHDKPdGlF2iu1hIlVjuAbcAn6EY0ekszivxgYAFGWm7DUl6rrqn2WRodldcwBN794bWQNHW3zGuyYTjBOkkTsw7NH4IWKLgxy1YR9l73ew4HQsjwCfs7cMtGMj1rODPHVId7t5-i9Ka8mhtrJYpmczz54CehZbqtoMCTgN2kXRt__PuLV3BgV5MPrusmyaaBfmvqN_ipO01DSNkeObAF-3NXYFad1TJYD7c05r4ZfkjQOLkZxPQmW8eel9geCVKxS6vCv-0uXh4hcxKhsRnUObL-aEHKBKT8uVoPR-HY_AEG_wLFYQY_6QCoywmZd_h7QMyYHekJqCDd6fCmWJHG8HPHY53xgB4CZ3kxGmYgkAedZRPvYJn4qVLcNHuT0TxM2c2q79Rthkx6dvgfj3PfGhhlVjXeU7UEu9qun3ezvXsp-3Oq52eDBLINYmS4WaTmc9eAOuciRVsTHWzzNwdhS_HQawNAvhApPH-qLBoaQgdqh0GsQb0I0qBd8HPSlPs6blZp3YKW4tp1X0tU_bfFnCOy5dXXb6-cNC69GQ4ULrb_xGq5SoAPIECcSZsCNWua4-PmWp0wFeh9GGLMRms_5FUPg=w960-h720-no

But now in the age of Corona Virus, I had to be a little more creative. It was a bit more work, but I got it done.
-k3zIV94-TvYT8dD9zpKoFw_I6D34f9_xBKWjUUV0ok4YPGvSw_gQQsPi3tlxD1ikoSTqdTNv7X48HmD7JBuiGKPlK8u4r8vXEkHoB-sPWrrvs2NDAy9wvCmAXk1dC8GPwKWlNew35vC4Au6yfzrG8RVeLJp6irCRm0wNy9M7-chYGB2UshJXhIv_LA_suhLnpC9qsBfPjzWwXNUxBOKwMuo8y3xjhYETeGgR1vOaEbeOZOuLfJ_NeM1Afrtg80epgBaB3z8s9v4vAKXf7J9ZdfO7ppgwTwjCrUryn_DjDtSZG2oaNHcO7NZrwiSvJqeq-zFhC_GkWe3MDKd4QsBNkqgGcf1teEZsqg7xB1wpNN_5SOw4ycrGeMaE-gWasXNhIe_8ESseVtA--lxot2id5NNRzYGr1_zQwlOzZK6EiDt19hIQJs-_eeSPKTyKiUs47VHU31rIKHY20GvyLLTNBRozMbFQVmYLN4hixjx6nLRlMMWFeoRO2S3WdusWuUN8R8AeNw3Mw5A4-xm5apV6J-z_WvBvH1euXcr5zcF-k07PI3xSLoWi6q8Fl9OLamOBdDTHEcGPfnN-8mFqhxmWOnu10426X3nw56NduiSwVOENCNVUy5RRWPd5NVyQ5pRB2zZCO1Z7l62gZCo4wZ13ipWb4ATbW2F5jUkO4Rbwpiiic_ghfVxJRw6PxAuoK8=w1157-h867-no

I am thankful I have an 8 ft garage door that allows me to drive in and use a motorized lift system to install and remove

Well, if I had access to a garage with a door tall enough to get my truck into, it actually would be pretty easy to rig up a hoist to remove it. Me and 2 friends put it on the roof rack by just lifting it up when I got it, but that was kind of an emergency gotta get this done asap before my trip starts kinda deal. Its totally sucked doing it that way because my truck is lifted with bigger tires, but desperate times called for desperate measures. But now I've added an awning to it (alucab tent and alucab awning) so that makes it much heavier and more awkward than when we installed it. Plus we are camping near estes park mon and tues night before LCDC to hit RMNP, so want the RTT for that anyway. Even without the RTT and awning, I'm still at like 7 feet, so still doesn't fit most parking garages.

the forklift would have been ideal

7B322C65-62B4-4E37-A583-9C213C435B34.jpeg

Anyone planning on camping/dispersed camping during the event and if so any good spots/ideas if I had a trailer as well? Trying to find a spot where I'd feel comfortable leaving it there during day at the base camp. I see some spots in the poudre river area on iOverlander app but not much and not a lot of detail to go off of for what is posted.

Would feel better if there was a "group base camp" rather than me leaving trailer solo so looking to see if others have plans here.

20200620_180307.jpg

Anyone planning on camping/dispersed camping during the event and if so any good spots/ideas if I had a trailer as well? Trying to find a spot where I'd feel comfortable leaving it there during day at the base camp. I see some spots in the poudre river area on iOverlander app but not much and not a lot of detail to go off of for what is posted.

Would feel better if there was a "group base camp" rather than me leaving trailer solo so looking to see if others have plans here.

View attachment 2364553

I'm thinking the same. No trailer and I tend to sleep in the truck, but I may bring my small tent to put some camp stuff in while on the trails. Some dispersed camping spots were posted earlier in response to my inquiry, so that could be the start of a small group. I'm also flexible and would be willing to post up with others in a spot and just take up enough space for my rig and my camp chair. Will contribute beer.

Is there a roll call being maintained somewhere that I missed? Would be good to get an idea of who is still going.

Just had to cancel another trip that freed up time to attend LCDC. Would love to grab a spot (perhaps Ratchey's is available?) if possible. Pretty new to the 200 series and looking forward to meeting some other owners!

Just had to cancel another trip that freed up time to attend LCDC. Would love to grab a spot (perhaps Ratchey's is available?) if possible. Pretty new to the 200 series and looking forward to meeting some other owners!
Nice! Yes we have room. Please email us at info@landcruiserdc.com so we can get you registered and fees. We did order a few extra shirts so we can still get you one.

I do at the KOA. (I was bringing a 24' trailer) I haven't cancelled yet, but I don't know that they are full.
Not sure that is what you were looking for.
Sorry for the slow reply, we left two weeks ago and are currently doing a bunch of the trails from prior LCDC’s around Ouray so only get signal when filling up. I’m on the lookout for a spot at Ansel and if one doesn’t open up will likely disperse camp with anyone else in the same boat. Thanks anyway!

Sorry for the slow reply, we left two weeks ago and are currently doing a bunch of the trails from prior LCDC’s around Ouray so only get signal when filling up. I’m on the lookout for a spot at Ansel and if one doesn’t open up will likely disperse camp with anyone else in the same boat. Thanks anyway!

We plan to be at Ansel Watrous on Monday the 27th. If anyone has a spot they aren't going to use and it doesn't get claimed in this thread, I'd vote we treat it as FCFS. Feel free to PM me and I can try to act as a "camp host" and direct any LCDC members to any paid-for-but-unused sites.

according to recreation.gov, from Thursday to Monday, there is still 3 campsite available.

Screen Shot 2020-07-13 at 1.22.30 PM.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom