LC300 World Premier June 9th (8:30 PM, GMT+3) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

World Premier? I don't remember a vote for a worldwide leader... ;)

Got me 😂 - copying the English translation of what my friend sent without putting in much thought - I was just excited to see anything official coming out.

I almost edited it to say the "official 'English' language premiere ... although we already know certain countries have been told to hurry up and wait." Btw @eatSleepWoof is Canada in the same boat heading into 2022 without a Toyota version of the LC300?

Got me 😂 - copying the English translation of what my friend sent without putting in much thought - I was just excited to see anything official coming out.

I almost edited it to say the "official 'English' language premiere ... although we already know certain countries have been told to hurry up and wait." Btw @eatSleepWoof is Canada in the same boat heading into 2022 without a Toyota version of the LC300?
Even worse: we didn’t get the LC to begin with. Could only import it from other countries.

Great debut. This thing looks like a beast. I'm still holding out hope that the US will see that Sport model that is "coming later this year".

Wow, looks nice!
2022-Toyota-Land-Cruiser-17LC300-.jpg

That GR is gold. Toyota nailed the new version. Spy shots of lift gate instead of tailgate were correct, so Toyota almost nailed it. That's gonna take some getting used to.

The technical portion said "world first" a lot. Sounds like a lot of neat tech, especially for manufacturing and durability enablement.

Utter shame that it isn't coming to the US.

Last edited:
Fold-flat third row seats. Nice!

Meh. Looks like terrible packaging wasting space.

The resulting higher floor level, I suppose was the motivation for axing the split tailgate.

The only good thing about the 300 is weight reduction. Everything else is meh, even the updated interior does not strike me as functional or comfortable.

It's too bad, because I'd rather this vehicle be a clear improvement over 200. And that it was available here. Neither is the case. I will make do with 200s :)

No split gate?!?! That’s a big let down. The new Escalade is looking better now. Throw some 35”s, lockers and all to set to hit the mall. 🤪

1623271825419.png

JEEEZ, didn't you get the memo...

Toyoda USA says you are NOT worthy...

OK, OK....

See if he'll try to kick it again...

This is sooooo funny says the Toyoda USA Marketing Team Leader...

Almost as funny as when I convinced my old employer to change the formula of Coke!

So the fender trim is plastic? It wasn't obvious in the monocolor pictures so far, but I was wondering how the rear bumper integrates with that. Looks like these are plastic which is nice - no more paint chips that area.

The only good thing about the 300 is weight reduction.

I don't even like that. I like knowing I'm cruising around in one of the heavier trucks out on the road. My LX weighs 6150lbs. More weight means more of a tank, to me at least.

That said, I'm sure it will be faster. I'm not happy about the V8 dropped but whatever. The horsepower and torque numbers are quitttte healthy with this new V6, plus 300lbs lighter, it should have excellent performance.

A little late to the party (the premiere was my only break of the day :) ).

I am excited about some of the new technology - specifically what I caught about the frame! I guess I can get around the switch to a 6 iiifff it is reliable. I will enjoy the extra torque but I will miss the sound of the V8. There is only one TT V6 that I really love to listen to (Alfa Romeo Quadrifoglio V6, which is a shortened Ferrari V8).

As for packaging and styling - I will miss the old split gait, I will pull out the third row regardless (tool storage), and while I don’t mind the front end styling, I can thank Nissan Australia for getting me used to that general front end look with the restyled 2020 Y62 Patrol in Aus (2021/2022 Nissan in North America).

Now to sit back and see what and when Lexus will bring us an LX600 since Toyota said no dice for is in the States for Canada for the Toyota version of the LC300.

This will come to USA/ NA market, 100% Guaranteed. It will come when the hybrid powertrain is finalized (likely same version TOMO NA is testing for the new Tundra that mates to the TT V6, which is also going in the new Tundra). They had to make the LC300 lighter with a stronger frame because adding the hybrid powertrain adds weight and also lowers the CG so more frame stresses.

When it comes to USA/NA, I hope it comes in the GR trim configuration with all 3 differential locks (front,center, rear) and all the off road gadgets. I don't like the switch to a liftgate but if it permits a roll down rear window that could be a nice bonus to a liftgate rather than a rear lift window.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom