LC200 Sound System (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just an quick note here.

When I first got my LC200, I was kinda disappointed with the sound system. It seemed like every other Toyota, albeit with more speakers. The Lexus obviously has the Mark Levinson system, with less wattage, but has top-end components.

Well after owning the vehicle for a while now, the system has really opened up. I have dealt a lot with sound systems (I install them on the side) everything from low budget to $12K+ setups, and this rivals some of the better ones. I know that it is incorrect to tune a system before it has had a good while to loosen up, but I've never heard a system change so drastically. Obviously the range is limited due to only having an 8" sub, but if you turn the bass settings all the way up on the screen, it really moves for an 8". The highs are also on the weaker side, and the midrange can be a bit muddy with rock vocals when every other instrument is playing, but over all it really is an impressive system.

When you think about the cost of replacing 14 speakers with components, adding amps, rewiring all 14 locations, and then still having the same source (unless you really wanted to get fancy...), the cost would be outrageous to get much better.

So for those new LC buyers, unless you are a serious audiophile or just insist on having ridiculous subs to wake up the neighbors, turn the bass up a bit and let the system warm up for a few months. I still think mine is getting better.

This is the first time I think I will leave my sound system alone, which is a lot to say considering this was my last build:
http://www.polkaudio.com/images/showcase/403_6_big.jpg
http://www.polkaudio.com/images/showcase/403_2_big.jpg

Any other owners experience this phenomenon?

Last edited:
what truck is that last build in?

Where do you put your golf clubs with that other system?

Where do you put your golf clubs with that other system?

On the roof :)

JK, I don't play golf.

The box weighs about 200lbs loaded (it's all 1"MDF, double layered with 1/2" and those subs ain't light). 2 people "can" take it out if necessary. It had an exorbitant about of Velcro on the bottom, coupled with the sheer weight, it wasn't going anywhere. I've slammed my brakes on to test it -- it didn't budge).

Sounds like s*** with the subs gone :bounce:
But that truck is gone now....

I am planning on getting component focals up front come spring time should help with overall sound quality.

JBHorne,

We picked up our first LC200 recently and both noticed the same unimpressive audio. My silverado has far more full sound than our 2013 LC. We only notice the bass and mids after the volume is cranked. Did it ever "break-in" like you predicted? Our '13 model is still relatively new considering the low mileage.

Holy thread resurrection, Batman!!!

Hasn't logged on since August.

Thread re-resurrrection. The year is 2019. I have a 2011 LX, with Mark sound. I’ve always felt the “power” of the sound is not there, volume too low, clarity is great. So I turned it all the way to see what number it goes up to, it only hit just pass 60??? Most of my music sound. “Audible” at 34, which would be like my F-150 Sony, IF the max is 100 (I.e 34% volume for most music). But the max is only 65!!! Can this be changed?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom