LC200 Rear Tailgate Cargo Interior Light Very Bright (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I would like a black one, 2020 LC Heritage Ed Thank you.

Overpriced but a great concept and execution. I wish it was cheaper. Definitely stealing the design while building my own. GREAT job!

Last edited:
Overpriced but a great concept and execution. I wish it was cheaper. Definitely stealing the design while building my own. GREAT job!
You might have a different opinion on the price if you had one. The quality of the light it produces (color, brightness and pattern) as well as the build quality is very high. You can tell some thought went into the design.

I still smile every time I open my tailgate in low light. I'm not doubting your ability to build one I'm just saying it is a premium product. I felt like I got a great lighting solution for a fair price.

Last edited:
It's a $10 rock light, an $8 switch, a new plastic panel, and an inline connector. I don't want to take away from Brenden's business, but I was able to diy in 30 mins (and avoid having to wait shipping from Australia).
That's great! Would you mind sharing pictures of your light and maybe a night shot with it on?

Would anyone have a picture of the light installed in conjunction with the rear hatch exit switch opener?

Last edited:
It's a $10 rock light, an $8 switch, a new plastic panel, and an inline connector. I don't want to take away from Brenden's business, but I was able to diy in 30 mins (and avoid having to wait shipping from Australia).
Everything with premium components costed me $26 on Amazon. I don't want to hijack this thread either so will post the install in a separate thread as soon as get everything delivered. The pushbutton switch is on a delay from Amazon as not an essential item so installed it without the pushbutton within 10 minutes and it is in sync with dome lights.

Everything with premium components costed me $26 on Amazon. I don't want to hijack this thread either so will post the install in a separate thread as soon as get everything delivered. The pushbutton switch is on a delay from Amazon as not an essential item so installed it without the pushbutton within 10 minutes and it is in sync with dome lights.
Ok, do you think people spend their time to make a specific item for a specific car for free? Sourcing quality parts by refining a product that is reliable and easy for the customer to install, offering a warranty and support answering questions etc... People have to make money.

Ok, do you think people spend their time to make a specific item for a specific car for free? Sourcing quality parts by refining a product that is reliable and easy for the customer to install, offering a warranty and support answering questions etc... People have to make money.
I want one now please Brendan, I’d wish you get Shark Tank funding to expedite the production process ;)

Completely agree! Everyone has a different point of valuation how much the product + service is worth. Definitely many agree with yours based on the demand and definitely don't want to take away anything the business you have built. In my case it was not a case as I am cheap and love diy projects but KUDOS for the work.

I have been making these up for 200 Landcruisers in Australia and selling them.

I sell them for $190AUD in Australia if anyone is interested message us and I can post to USA to your location for 225AUD
Payments threw PayPal
Please PM and I will reply ASAP.

Only 1x (Light Gray) Interior panel colour
I do have a few black covers left also

**Fits 200 Series Landcruiser Sahara 2012-2019 (only) with electric rear lift up tailgate.

Plugs into factory wiring No cutting, soldering or running extra wiring or fuses.
Install it yourself in under 2mins!!

Rear 9w Led light operators when rear lift up tailgate opens also has over ride switch on/off to have the 9w Led Light off when tailgate is open.

9w Cree LED High Quality
Operational Hours = 50,000+ hours (more than 5 year continuous use)
Aluminum Casing to assist with heat distribution

120° degree angle Led.

Fused through factory vehicle wiring.

Blue illuminated push button switch.

Fitting Instructions provide with item

*Light times out after 20mins to prevent battery going flat if left open. Can be reset by simply opening and closing up liftup tailgate again

*Light switches on automatically when lift up tailgate is open and can be overridden so lift up tailgate is open and light is switched off

View attachment 2097673

View attachment 2097674

View attachment 2097675

View attachment 2097676

View attachment 2097678
Hi Brendan - do yo have these available for the 2018 VX (no power tailgate)
I have been making these up for 200 Landcruisers in Australia and selling them.

I sell them for $190AUD in Australia if anyone is interested message us and I can post to USA to your location for 225AUD
Payments threw PayPal
Please PM and I will reply ASAP.

Only 1x (Light Gray) Interior panel colour
I do have a few black covers left also

**Fits 200 Series Landcruiser Sahara 2012-2019 (only) with electric rear lift up tailgate.

Plugs into factory wiring No cutting, soldering or running extra wiring or fuses.
Install it yourself in under 2mins!!

Rear 9w Led light operators when rear lift up tailgate opens also has over ride switch on/off to have the 9w Led Light off when tailgate is open.

9w Cree LED High Quality
Operational Hours = 50,000+ hours (more than 5 year continuous use)
Aluminum Casing to assist with heat distribution

120° degree angle Led.

Fused through factory vehicle wiring.

Blue illuminated push button switch.

Fitting Instructions provide with item

*Light times out after 20mins to prevent battery going flat if left open. Can be reset by simply opening and closing up liftup tailgate again

*Light switches on automatically when lift up tailgate is open and can be overridden so lift up tailgate is open and light is switched off

View attachment 2097673

View attachment 2097674

View attachment 2097675

View attachment 2097676

View attachment 2097678

Yes, I do a kit for the non electric lift up back door. Installation is abit more involved but the instructions cover everything.

Components were delayed due to the pandemic, but I'm working through the back log of orders now.

If you could PM your plastic inspection cover colour I'll be touch.

Yes, I do a kit for the non electric lift up back door. Installation is abit more involved but the instructions cover everything.

Components were delayed due to the pandemic, but I'm working through the back log of orders now.

If you could PM your plastic inspection cover colour I'll be touch.

VX.jpg

Hi @Brendan. I would also like one in Black. Please PM me with details on how to order.

Just an update**
All requested ordered have been sent, if I have missed anyone please PM me.
I have grey available in both light kits and taking orders for black cover requests.

Just an update**
All requested ordered have been sent, if I have missed anyone please PM me.
I have grey available in both light kits and taking orders for black cover requests.
Brendan did you put one aside for my order? (in the grey)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom