LC200 rear hatch seal weather strip (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi All - on my 2017 lane cruiser I feel that I'm missing a weather strip / seal piece on the rear top hatch - right below the Land Cruiser emblem it appears there used to be some rubber gasket but has somehow been damaged / torn off. The reason I noticed this is because on wet weather days, with the tailgate hatch opened, water will drip down rather than be diverted away. Does anyone know if there should be some seal / weather strip or something in this area? Does anyone else's hatch leak on them when it's raining and you are accessing the cargo area?

or perhaps maybe I'm totally wrong and there is no weather stripping or seal under this Land Cruiser emblem in the first place?

thanks

Rich

Yes, my hatch drips on me when open and I am accessing something in the back.
Normal I believe.

ok here is a picture of mine
IMG_4593.jpeg

I'll take a look at that part behind the LC emblem and let you know.

Yeah, my 16 routes water to the seams where the lens ends and onto the person standing under the hatch. My 13 didn't do that - water ran to the outside on that one. It is a minor annoyance in my the move to the 13.

1642537230068.png

Last edited:
I just checked mine and the gasket ends at the L and R on each end which coincides with the metal bracket thats there. You can't see it in your pic above.

I just checked mine and the gasket ends at the L and R on each end which coincides with the metal bracket thats there. You can't see it in your pic above.
interesting - can you send a pic? Anyone know the part number of this gasket? I did have a feeling there was supposed to be something there and perhaps it easily gets damaged/torn off (car wash maybe or?)

CmbDi7l.jpg

hvvaWNr.jpg

CyFZH01.jpg

L9xztG6.jpg

Thank you very much - so yes looks like I am missing those left and right side rubber gaskets and associated metal plates that hold them on. @CharlieS also seems to be missing them. I wonder how that could have happened other than not coming with them from the factory?

This is becoming an even bigger mystery

Weather stripping is missing on mine too.

Another problem I didn't know I had!

Thanks IH8MUD!

Thank you very much - so yes looks like I am missing those left and right side rubber gaskets and associated metal plates that hold them on. @CharlieS also seems to be missing them. I wonder how that could have happened other than not coming with them from the factory?

This is becoming an even bigger mystery
Ah but wait, yours is a later model with the power lift gate, so now I'm assuming that this is something they added only with the power lift gate models

Weather stripping is missing on mine too.

Another problem I didn't know I had!

Thanks IH8MUD!
I had no idea that I was missing parts. I wonder if that was a running change to fix the drip. Mine's a '16. I wonder if that came later?

I had no idea that I was missing parts. I wonder if that was a running change to fix the drip. Mine's a '16. I wonder if that came later?
Yeah I think OP nailed it in the above post.

I can't find that part on the online fiche. I looked on '19 and '20.

Ah but wait, yours is a later model with the power lift gate, so now I'm assuming that this is something they added only with the power lift gate models

Very possible this is a 2018+ addition, definitely worth looking into.

I can't find that part on the online fiche. I looked on '19 and '20.
Yours doesn’t even have the holes for the mounting hardware.

Yours doesn’t even have the holes for the mounting hardware.
I suspect that mine is the same, but just for clarity sake, that picture in my post #5 is copied from post #3 up above with some arrows added.

I can fix that with a drill though. :)

Yea you could easily drill for those brackets. I can honestly say that I don't have this hatch drip issue y'all speak of so maybe that was a mid-series fix?!

Figured it out. What is on tex68s isn’t weather strip, it is a bump strip sensor for the auto close tailgate.

On a 2020
84270-60140 For right hand
84280-60090 For left.

The 2016 diagrams show the part but link to “not applicable” for a part number.

Nice that it also acts as a weather strip..

Figured it out. What is on tex68s isn’t weather strip, it is a bump strip sensor for the auto close tailgate.

On a 2020
84270-60140 For right hand
84280-60090 For left.

The 2016 diagrams show the part but link to “not applicable” for a part number.

Nice that it also acts as a weather strip..

So it started in 2018 then with the power lift gate?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom