LC200 General Ownership Questions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi, I've had my 2017 LC200 for almost a year now and a couple things have come up that I was hoping the forum could help with. I've searched around but they are pretty specific issues I haven't been able to get an answer to.

1. Ventilated Front Seats - the ventilation feature on both front seats has recently stopped working. I can hear the fan going but little/no air moves through the holes in the seats. Any ideas what the cause/fix could be? Is my best bet to go to the dealer?

2. iPhone USB Audio - when I plug my iPhone in via USB to play music, I generally get a notice saying "no music files found" followed by an all-black screen on the infotainment. The music comes through fine but I can't control play/pause/skip or see the details. The odd thing is that in the past this worked and I was able to get it to work yesterday (full info displayed with controls) but have no idea what the magic sequence or setting is. Any ideas?

3. Scratch Repair - I have a number of scratches on the car (clearcoat mostly, one paint chip that is rusting slightly) from skis/bikes/wheeling etc. What is the best option to get these repaired in CO/Denver area?

4. High Beams - On long night drives, I've noticed that the high beams don't seem to reach very far. They are plenty bright, but are pointed down such that they end on the road fairly close in. Is this an adjustment of any sort or just how the car is built?

Thanks!

Is there a reason you don't use Bluetooth to play music from your iPhone? That works perfectly in my 2013 and might solve one of your issues above. Front seats sound like the hoses just need to be cleaned out. People have done deep cleans by removing the front seats and cleaning everything up, improving airflow.

There is a mesh filter on each seat fan that might need attention. Very bottom of the seat. People have posted pictures on here, if you do some digging.

First step for USB issues for me would be to check the lightning port on the iPhone, as they are bad about getting lint smashed in there and preventing good contact. A wooden toothpick is perfect for cleaning. Then try a different cable if you haven’t already.

Find a well-reviewed auto detailer in town. Like, the kind of place that details local supercars. They will tell you what they can and cannot do. Some of those guys are REALLY good with polishing & scratch mitigation.

High beams should be adjustable independent of the lows.. check your manual. Also verify low beam setting.. your vehicle has a sensor on the rear axle that auto levels the low beams because of their sharp upper cutoff.. the high beams might not operate this way due to the lack of a cutoff line but it’s worth looking into

I also have had intermittent issues with the usb port. I haven’t resolved because my new phone charges via the wireless charging & I’ve just used Bluetooth. But the screen issues you are seeing are unusual & I would be heading to the dealer, especially if still under warranty.

No idea on the seats, mine work perfectly on my 2016.

I have the front coil spacer installed, raising the front 1”. High beams are plenty high. If you plan on adding a coil spacer then wait on headlight adjustment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom