LC100 vs LX470 Fender and AHC question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys. Some retard decided to do a U-turn into my LX and ruined my mint baby.

Theres a huge price break from LC100 to LX470 fenders.

Anyone know if these are the same?

Pic for attention
47320978_1991517370932202_5278115529444294656_n.jpg

Also, is there a surefire way to get AHC to stay in high mode at all times? Sometimes it will set itself back to neutral and I'm not sure why. Considering getting different tires and don't feel like going old man emu yet.

Also if anyone has a blueberry slee bumper for sale, hit me up.

The fender for the LX has the cladding on it and I assume some holes for it to clip into. The LC doesn't have this.

There are ways to either maintain the suspension in high or use the sensors to lift the suspension.

Check out the FAQs at the top of the page. Lots of info on both of these things.

I believe they are interchangeable technically but yes the Lexus has a notch for the cladding clips, but it shouldn't be too hard to copy from your fender to the new one to cut out. Somebody here will come in shortly and confirm for you I'm sure, you're definitely not the first person to deal with this.
Part numbers wouldn't be the same between Toyota and Lexus so that won't help much.
The AHC is designed to drop back to Neutral position at 19mph.

You can get the 'AHC slee override' for it but im not sure whether this damages the suspension if its left in high or low all the time

Nice thinking. The photo is flipped though-- my passenger side is the one that needs help.

Hate to bump this, but was the LC100 fender determined to be usable with the LX470 lower cladding? In a very similar position right now. No one has the LX470 fender at a reasonable price ($270+$240 shipping is stupid). If I could order the LC fender, I can get free shipping from my Toyota dealer.

No, the LX cladding will not work on the LC fender.

You could make it, but it won't work out of the box. There are a lot more holes in the fender for the LX cladding than the LC would have had.

The fender itself should fit fine, though.

You could make it, but it won't work out of the box. There are a lot more holes in the fender for the LX cladding than the LC would have had.

Gotcha. Thanks.

Gotcha. Thanks.

I will attempt this very thing and post my results. Taking off the damaged LX fender (already purchased the LC fender). I will reply to this post with status of how I created the holes in the new LC fender for the LX cladding.

(pic removed)

Curious about how this went! They look so dang similar..

Maybe you posted a new thread but I'm not finding it.

(related -not fender but front bumper cover)
When I tried to put an LC bumper on my LX, I had to drill a all new holes in the bumper holder as well as heat form the two most center-inner arms of the bottom of the bumper to reach upward. The length of the arms seemed to be the same and work otherwise. There are 6 arms on the LX and 4 on the LC. The other two arms don't match at all and maybe I'll just cut them off.

It is in process. Here is one of my photos. I will let you know what happens once I finish the paint job. The holes I made seem to work well with the molding. I just used a regular drill and a file to make the cut outs. Thanks for commenting about the bumper. I had no clue they were that different and would like to source a cheaper Bumper too!

184D37E9-CE06-41D9-BF25-915C42F3C2A6.jpeg

It is in process. ...
Oh! Sorry to assume you were done; I derpped for a sec and misread your join date as what I thought was the post date 😅

Another quick note on the bumper is that the fog light connectors are completely different. I'm in the process of figuring out the best fix whether I can take the connectors off the lights of the LX and use them in the ligths or just buy new male plug wires and splice them onto the harness. I'm thinking of doing some fancy work with a relay to get the blinker wire to flash the fogs when I use my turn signal (I know! Someone miraculously uses their signals! :p ).

Regardless, looking good on your end - you using a rattle can to paint? I've tried that with my Scion's fender and it turned out relatively decent. The paint wasn't quite red enough (the auto-body paint store tried to match it), and I wonder if I could have matched it better by going to the dealer and getting official paint assuming that's a thing. They supplied me with a two-part/activated clear coat rattle can that was pretty nice. Definitely need to polish it, and probably would have been better if I had a heated garage. I was working outside in just barely good enough temps.

@2000LX500k how did the LC fender work out for you? I am in the same boat, considering pulling the trigger on one. Where did you buy paint? Thanks!
Absolutely worked out. I went ahead and cut the square holes needed for the trim. To cut them, just use a regular drill bit and a file to make it square after using a piece of paper as a template drawn from the old fender. Its pretty straight forward. Frankly, you could skip the whole exercise by just using some adhesive glue and cutting off the guides that protrude into the fender (makes it even simpler for an older vehicle). Mine is like as if I bought the LX fender (for 300 bux less).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom