LC vs LX mod options (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello all-
I do not own a 100 series yet but have concluded that this will be my next vehicle purchase. After all my reading I ‘was’ set on an LX470 but I recently thought of one reason I might want an LC instead. I’m hoping I can get the insight here. The topic is ‘available mods between the two’.

I plan to build it for extended outdoor trips that can carry a family of four as well as two large dogs in the back and all the gear needed. I plan on going to extreme places but not doing any hardcore off-roading with it.

So now I’m trying to figure out if there are limited available mods between the two. I’ve read time and time again that the two trucks are nearly identical but are there more after market mods, like racks, interior storage, bumpers, awnings, etc..., available for the LC that would not be available for the LX?

Thank you in advance for any advice and I look forward to learning from you all.

The only thing you bc Cant change is the following: add the 5 speed from 03-07 to a 98-02. And you can’t add AHC hydraulic suspension to a non AHC truck (I’m sure you could but pointless).

Basically if you get an LX there is no limit to the mods compared to a LC.

The only thing you bc Cant change is the following: add the 5 speed from 03-07 to a 98-02. And you can’t add AHC hydraulic suspension to a non AHC truck (I’m sure you could but pointless).

Basically if you get an LX there is no limit to the mods compared to a LC.
Ok great. I’ve just seen websites that list parts for land cruiser but not for the LX so I figured I should check. Thank you

Some front bumpers like the ARB Deluxe require trimming the light tabs because of the hood/grille design on the LX, and you may need AHC specific sliders because of AHC but that’s about it.
Like @krice118 said. They are basically the same. If you like the LX go for it! They are usually cheaper and easier to find along with being a tad bit nicer.

Oh, you probably already knew it, but I forgot to mention that you can get a factory rear locker in a 98-99 LC while the LX had a limited slip only. They both went to an open diff with ATRAC in 2000.

I should probably make another post but is the ‘06 and 07 engine a huge improvement? I’ve been looking at those specifically but it really limits my options

I should probably make another post but is the ‘06 and 07 engine a huge improvement? I’ve been looking at those specifically but it really limits my options

06-07 VVTI is nice to have, but considering that you're looking for a 13-22 year old vehicle, I'd worry more about the maintenance history than VVTI.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom