LC Roof Rack on an LX? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have an ‘04 LX which has a somewhat shorter roof rack than an LC. Also, the LC has 3 feet per side instead of 2. I use the rails of the factory rack, but not the crossbars. Bolting brackets and stuff to the slots has worked well For my RTT, shovel and 8’ awning. Putting the longer LC rack on will add some strength and the ability to add additional brackets.

So, will the LC rails fit on the LX? Is there additional hardware I need to be certain to get since the LX rails only have 2 mounts?

thanks
85C84223-308F-4C0B-B44F-3C623FCF99A2.jpeg

Yes it will fit, the 3rd mounting point is up in the front under the roof rail guard piece, lift it up and you'll see it.

Yes, should be no problem. I just pulled the factory LX rack to install a frontrunner with three feet.

Dang! I wondered how strong the lx rack was! I guess plenty strong is the answer

My RTT weighs in at 95lbs, the ARB awning at about 40 and the rails are tied in together with solid aluminum bars. So I’m under the 150 or 165 rating of the roof rack. Oh yeah, I have the shovel up there too.

My understanding is that the 150 is the crossbars. The rails hold more. But I haven’t personally seen this published anywhere. Just anecdotal mud chatter.

My understanding is that the 150 is the crossbars. The rails hold more. But I haven’t personally seen this published anywhere. Just anecdotal mud chatter.
Yeah, all the weight is directly on the rails as I removed the crossbars. They've survived trips to Utah and Colorado without issue so far. Not crash tested, thankfully, but do seem solid.

Now I have to find a set of LC Rails and hardware.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom