LC Mechanic? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
‘96 LX 450; 135,000 miles. Just had a new water pump, 4row aluminum radiator, thermostat & new fluids installed, in preparation for a camping trip to Michigan last week (towing a 22’ Airstream). Engine was running cool and smooth for 2 days, then began misfiring on #1..

Compression test did not indicate any leaks..

there was a slight head gasket leak which seemed to remedy itself after I ran a bottle of blue devil head gasket potion through the system before the previously mentioned cooling system replacement.

Engine temp has been great, but the misfire has me and my usual mechanic stumped..

Does anyone have a recommendation on where/who I can have someone familiar with this engine take a more skilled look at the situation?

wires & plugs are about 2 years old, seem to look good.

Would love to get this resolved, but realize a replacement may be in my future.. Used an Lr4 for the camping trip, it was nice.

Any assistance is appreciated.

Will
Columbus, OH

I am for the most part not trusting of head gasket resolutions in a bottle. Good chance that head gasket leak is back and if it’s causing coolant to get into the cylinder that would definitely cause a misfire. Had that exact thing happen with an Audi I have.

Did you do a leakdown test?

@FJ40Jim any thoughts?

Are you losing coolant? Any whitish smoke?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom