LC/LX 100 Ground Wire Upgrade (3 wires) - Heavy Duty Cables Big 3 Upgrade - 100% Copper 1/0 Awg Flexible cables - PET Sleeve - Glued Heat Shrink (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Greetings, On Sale is an important upgrade for any LC/LX 100 series SUV. This is especially true for anyone going up in age as the Ground cables may be showing their age. This upgrade will help with improved grounding necessary for all your vehicle's electronics, from Starters, Alternator, to all electrical components needed to run the car properly. This is part of the wiring kit needed when upgrading your Alternator from stock to higher Amperage Alternator. Also very beneficial high amperage power draw equipment such as higher end car audio, Audio Amp installations, trail lights/LED's and recovery winches.

Improper engine grounding can cause several failures such that may appear to be mechanical issues, ranging from the engine not turning over, starter clicking, alternator not charging properly, electric components acting up, to transmission not shifting properly.

BTW I also sell the an Alternator upgrade cable as well 3-to-4 pin connector at on this post.
Also link to full Big 3 cable kit includes Alternator cable and fuses - Full Big 3 Kit Post

Mud pricing is $70 shipped.

As mentioned these wires are specifically designed to fit the 100 Series LC/LX model years 1998-2007.

This kit is designed for one thing -

Increasing your vehicle electrical performance by minimize wire & terminal lug oxidation & corrosion

Specs -

• 3 100% Copper Ground wires
    • 1. Battery to Drivers Side Fender Ground Wire (Right side looking at the engine)
    • 2. Fender to Engine Ground Wire (Right side under the Battery, next to the fuel filter)
    • 3. Engine to Firewall Ground Wire
  • 1/0 AWG Wire Size 100% Copper Wire (Flexible and Durable) - Designed to take up to 600 Volts
    • More than 50% bigger than the standard OEM style cables (1/0 Gauge vs OEM 4 Gauge)
    • Resistant to abrasion, battery acid, diesel, engine coolant, engine oil, ethanol, gasoline, power-steering/transmission fluids,
    • Withstands Extreme temperatures (-50C (-58F) to 105C (221F))
    • 975/30 # conductor strands
  • High Quality Tinned Plated Copper Terminals Lugs
    • Hydraulic Pressed Terminal Lug Crimp - Crimped twice per Lug
    • Tinned Copper for high corrosive resistance to oxidation/corrosion to the elements
    • Lug are designed to increase surface area contact with terminals studs and to improve metal to metal contact and efficient heat dissipation
  • Marine Grade Heat Shrink (Glued Lined for increase water resistance)
  • PET Braided Sleeve Cover for added abrasion resistance (***Cable PET Color may change***)
  • Made in USA (With US and Imported components)
  • Wires specifically and sized to fit the 100 series Land Cruiser/LX470 (1998-2007)
  • All cables are clearly labeled and marked for ease of installation (please refer to installation guide)
  • This kit is designed to minimize wire & terminal lug oxidation & corrosion increasing your vehicle electrical performance
Installation -
  • Keep existing Ground Wires in place and install the new ground wires over them as shown in the pictures.
  • Using the existing vehicle Grounding Wires bolts points shown with Red Arrows in the pictures to install the new Grounding wires
  • Use 10mm Socket to remove existing M6 bolts and clean the metal exposed area of any oxidization (Rust) of the vehicle metal surface
  • Clean the all Ground wire bolt area with wire brush or similar and ensure body metal is thoroughly cleaned before re-installing all Grounding wire
  • If available apply dielectric grease or battery terminal protector to prevent oxidation/corrosion around the GW bolt area
  • 5-10 days after installed Recheck Ground Wire bolts are secure and have not come lose

Price = $70 Shipped in US only at the movement (I am not sure about Alaska, Hawaii shipping so please ping me on that) (Also not sure how much international shipping cost so cannot ship out)

Please PM me for ordering and with any questions, suggestions or modifications. I make these on my spare time. I take my time make these cables and ensure these are the best quality cables made for your vehicle. I accept Zelle, PayPal, and Google Pay.

Thanks

PS - Please reference B3U-GW3-LCLX-100

For those who are interested in
Full Kit includes Alternator Cables - Here is the link to the full kit

20230424_155038 - edit.jpg

Fender to Engine hook Mount Ground Wire Shown Below (Engine facing forward) with Plastic Motor Bracket Removed.

Fender to Engine GW_LI with Text.jpg

Fender to Engine hook Mount Ground Wire Shown Below (Facing the Engine) with Plastic Motor Bracket Removed.

Firewall to Engine GW-2 Inked.jpg

Engine to Firewall Ground Wire shown below. Firewall ground wire close to the heater "T's" - Plastic Engine Cover Removed.

Firewall to Engine GW Inked.jpg

Battery Negative (-) to Fender Ground Wire shown below - With mounting points shown in Red

Battery to Fender GW.jpg

Last edited:
20230424_155038 - Inked edit.jpg

Also a detail view of the tinned plated copper wire lugs and crimps.

Tin Cu Lugs.jpg
20230424_155558.jpg
20230424_155614.jpg

20230420_131519-jpg.3331695

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom