LC in ATL GA (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

$8,500. Take it or leave it. That should include tax, title and any other fees. If they still have it at the end of the month, it's yours.

If you don't buy it they will sell it to some wholesaler for 5-7.

I'd count "having to do the timing belt as a plus" one it's a huge bargaining chip... you can toss out numbers like "man thats $2k... by the time the dealer does the full service required" and "it that thing breaks it's an interference engine and you're looking at $5k" and we all know you can do it in a weekend and spend less than $300 ($90 in my case because i use cheap parts and am just stupid) besides that wouldn't you really feel better knowing it was just done vs some sticker in the engine bay says it was changed 50k ago...

Can you tell from the sound if there is anything wrong? Like that ticking noise? My old xterra used to make it and was the lifters.

Thank you for your responses btw.

the vid shows the timing belt changed sticker Center on the front of the plastic engine cover...... I couldn't read it well but looked like it was done at 89k
Yep. It's right there on the carfax.

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1436674103.926568.jpg

So its time for a new belt. Should I worry about that ticking from the engine? Im having a co worker test drive it for me today.

Are you local? ACC is in Atlanta - you could have them take a look at it, if you or your coworker can get it over to them?

Im located in florida. Co worker is scheduled to stop by tomorrow. If he cant ill ask ACC for assistance. Will see if he has good news. ;)

I wonder if its the lifters? My xterra did the same on initial started and then the noise would stop after warm up. It was known in that 2002 xterra model and year, but not an issue though. Even had the dealer replace them during warranty and did not 'fix' the ticking noise. Just stuck lifters on started and nothing more. Problem free engine.

Ill have my mechanic look at it when if i get it.

Hard to believe someone traded in a LC100 for a Hyundai !?! But I suppose a Hyundai would be easier on gas, look good, and a lot cheaper to buy than a replacement LC...

Ticking could just be the injectors behaving as they should. Need the ear of a pro... like ACC ;)

Well here it is. My coworker in one of our ATL offices went and took it for a spin yesterday and made this video for me. No ticking from the engine. He said it drove great and felt solid, said i got a good deal. Carpet definitely needs serious cleaning. He also said seats look sun damaged so ill need to get them treated.

I have a truck service lined up to pick up this week and if all goes well should be here this weekend.
That antennae has to go. I hate that wood trim too.

Stoked!

Definitely sounds like an exhaust leak to me.

Congrats on your purchase!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom