LC Heritage Badging Question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I thought something was weird, Looking at the CarFax, I realized that looked at this HC when it was new at John Elway's Crown Toyota in Ontario in early February of 2021. It was sitting right in front of the showroom. I was looking at Sequoias at the time but this LC caught my eye. Had not thought about the LC as a possibility until then. The reason I did not buy it then was that I wanted one in white and without the third row. I looked at three. This one, a white one at Toyota of Riverside that the manager was driving, so at that point, forget it, and the one I bought at Claremont Toyota in May. It was the last white HE in So. Cal. The was one black one left in San Diego. I gave yours a good look over at the time and yes, it had the badges on both D pillars. I went back a week later to give it a test drive as I had not seen another at any dealer within reasonable driving distance and it was gone. Small world.

Edit: It also had the roof rack.

A month ago, when I had my HE in for the last "free service" the dealer offered me $93,500 to "upgrade". I asked what does Toyota have that could possibly be an upgrade to the Land Cruiser? The sales manager said that the new Grand Highlander looks good. Really???? They are desperate.
(insert goodfellas laugh)

That's quite a pitch. Did you keep a straight face?

(insert goodfellas laugh)

That's quite a pitch. Did you keep a straight face?
I did smirk a bit and then gave him a look that ended the conversation. I have two dealers doing this: the one I bought it from and the servicing dealer that I have taken my Toyotas to for years. Fortunately, the place I bought it from only sends me crap in the mail. Funny thing is that they are offering me more to trade it in than what I paid them for it. The car lots around here are just empty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom