LC 200 preventative maintenance (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Im at just under 60K and the dealer is recommending EFI service, Induction service, and 4WD fluid service. About $1000 worth of work to fix things that dont seem to be broken. I politely declined and thought I would just have this all done at the 90K mile service providing there are no issues till then. Thoughts?

Im at just under 60K and the dealer is recommending EFI service, Induction service, and 4WD fluid service. About $1000 worth of work to fix things that dont seem to be broken. I politely declined and thought I would just have this all done at the 90K mile service providing there are no issues till then. Thoughts?

Not warranty items? Or no extended warranty?

I didnt think that warranty covered maintenance work.

JB, I was under the impression that the 200 ATF service doesn't flush but is a component/ unit replacement of some type, not an- old fluid out, new in -like the 100's I had. They told me to come back at 100,000 miles for service. True?

JB, I was under the impression that the 200 ATF service doesn't flush but is a component/ unit replacement of some type, not an- old fluid out, new in -like the 100's I had. They told me to come back at 100,000 miles for service. True?

According to Toyota, if you only use your truck under "normal conditions", you don't need to worry about changing your automatic transmission fluid. But, if you tow, o carry any load on the roof, which I guess includes a roof tent, you should replace the fuid every 40,00 miles.

However, having seen quite a few problems caused by dirt in the valve bodies of the A750 automatic transmission (which U.S. 200 series do not have, but uses the same type of fluid) I don't go any longer than 25,000 miles without changes, regardless of use conditions.

Please don’t think I’m being rude or impolite, but you should start by checking your owner’s manual or maintenance booklet (I don't know how Toyota is providing this information to its customers in the U.S. nowadays) and go from there.

With this information at hand, you can compare whatever maintenance has been performed to your truck with the manufacturer's recommendations and judge what you may want to do and what you think you don't need. At least you will have a reference that will let you decide without leaving out any options.

Please don’t think I’m being rude or impolite, but you should start by checking your owner’s manual or maintenance booklet (I don't know how Toyota is providing this information to its customers in the U.S. nowadays) and go from there.

With this information at hand, you can compare whatever maintenance has been performed to your truck with the manufacturer's recommendations and judge what you may want to do and what you think you don't need. At least you will have a reference that will let you decide without leaving out any options.

I have. It is terribly vague. It does not mention these services.

i personally would treat it the same as the 100.

67k miles and I just had the ATF flushed and filled using the BG Power Flush and Fluid Exchange System. I've never been fond of the drop, drain, fill ,and repeat method of trying to flush the ATF system. It always leaves a bunch of dirty fluid in the system. The BG process worked really well once they realized that the LC has a "special" thermostat and only the newest of their systems will properly extract and fill the ATF. The fluid coming out was definitely in need of being changed. Diffs were changed when I added the lockers. Better safe than sorry...

You should change frt. and rear diff fluid and transfer case. If you tow you should do the trans fluid. Should of done it at 30k miles. Find a local shop to do the fluids and bring them with you.

I did a full A/T flush, front and rear diffs, and transfer case at 60k miles. I do tow through.

Has the transmission been serviced? Fluid should be changed every 100k.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom