LC 200 4low check engine dash lights on and power loss?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just checking to see if any other LC200 owners have ever experienced this issue that arose from nowhere with my rig. I own a 2011 LC200 with 130k on the odometer with the typical mods-2in Dobinsons lift . I was driving from Branson a few weekends back and the check engine, check traction control and 4lo w lights all came on and it felt like i went into limp mode or lost around 20-30% of my power.. RPMs stayed high but literally felt like i was driving my old LC100.. We got home and i took it to Oreilleys to check what we could get from the diagnostic machine and came up with the code P0894 TRANS COMPONENT SLIPPING the guy said you need to take this thing to the trans shop bc looks like your trans is going out.. Ive had a few vehicles that have had trans issues and this isnt remotely what this felt like so I came home and removed the power from the battery for a few mins and started the truck and ran like new. I figured it may be the ignition coils so i replaced all of them last weekend and didnt have any issues until this afternoon when driving down the interstate and felt like i lost some power but no lights in the dash.. Has anyone experienced this or have input as to what this may be? i tried to get in the dealership here locally but theyre 2 weeks out before anyone can take a look. any help is greatly appreciated.

I had the 4lo blinking and traction control light on 2 weeks ago, but a different check engine light (evap issue). I was worried I had demons. Cleaned some connections, cleared the light and it hasn’t come back.

I had the 4lo blinking and traction control light on 2 weeks ago, but a different check engine light (evap issue). I was worried I had demons. Cleaned some connections, cleared the light and it hasn’t come back.
Whole thing was very strange though… I’m still worried it’ll come back.

I wouldn't ignore this as it has the potential to be a real problem and get worse. Treat the CEL as real and get it checked out. I would avoid driving it.

The code is reflecting an error where the ECU is seeing a discrepancy and slip between the input and output shaft of the transmission. Could be slipping at the torque converter or internal clutches.

It could be as simple as the transmission is low on fluid. Hopefully that's the best case and there's a minor drip or leak somewhere that can be fixed. More serious would some fault in the valve body, or worse, and issue with the torque converter or clutches. A minor thing like low fluid can result in the more serious issues if ignored.

Start with a fluid level check or flush...that should be telling.

The 200 goes into limp mode for multiple reasons. A code reader should tell you what the issue is. P0894 could do it. Did you clear that code? Bad ignition coil would do it too but you would have had a misfire code. Get a code reader. They are cheap.

I know there are several similar threads on this topic already. Just adding another data point to the discussion so I can follow along.

2010 LC, 205k miles.

The problem first appeared when my wife and daughter were driving it several months ago, and it happened to me the first time today. The only recent work was a couple of tire repairs this year and the tire pressure light has been on since the last repair about a month ago. All sensors and systems are original, never had any work done on them. I'll try the OBD scanner this weekend and see what's behind the curtain (and change the oil since it appears to be that time of month as well).

This happened today when I had a full car with coworkers going to lunch, right after I bragged about how much I loved this car. I restarted a couple times to see if it would go away and it did not. It was still on after work, and stayed on for my whole 75 mile commute home. The transfer case lock light is on because I was just pressing buttons in the parking lot to see if anything changed. Tcase still locks and unlocks, so that's good.

IMG_0993.jpg

Last edited:
listen to TeCKis300

You need to have a transmission guy look at it. Has the transmission ever been serviced? I'd start with that. The transmission guy can read the crud in your pan like tea leaves! Hopefully it's just low and dirty and you have not smoked the transmission.

Some info on your code.

What did 8 coils set you back?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom