LC 200 4.5 Diesel V8 oil change quantity question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello all , i have a 2014 LC 200 with the 4.5 diesel V8 engine. I have the car for over 2 years now , in that period i did 3 engine oil changes - now my problem with those changes , in the owners manual and internet its stated that 9.2 liter is the filling capacity with oil filter change also. The last 3 flushes not even close to 9.2 liters of engine oil came out , first i flushed from sump pan and then i removed oil filter - only about 7.5 to maximum 8 liters came out. Am i missing something ? Every info points to 9.2 liters needed , not 7.5 or even 8 liter.

Thanks !

Hello all , i have a 2014 LC 200 with the 4.5 diesel V8 engine. I have the car for over 2 years now , in that period i did 3 engine oil changes - now my problem with those changes , in the owners manual and internet its stated that 9.2 liter is the filling capacity with oil filter change also. The last 3 flushes not even close to 9.2 liters of engine oil came out , first i flushed from sump pan and then i removed oil filter - only about 7.5 to maximum 8 liters came out. Am i missing something ? Every info points to 9.2 liters needed , not 7.5 or even 8 liter.

Thanks !
Stating the obvious here, but sounds like you are burning some oil. I don't have a diesel, but i would be surprised if that isn't normal function. 1-1.5L per exchange period doesn't sound crazy. A quick google of Toyota and 4.5 Diesel shows no shortage of oil burning reports.

Stating the obvious here, but sounds like you are burning some oil. I don't have a diesel, but i would be surprised if that isn't normal function. 1-1.5L per exchange period doesn't sound crazy. A quick google of Toyota and 4.5 Diesel shows no shortage of oil burning reports.
she does burn/use some oil but i always try to keep her toped up , but i also get to fill the exact quantitiy that comes out , cca 7.5-8 liter out , same quantitiy goes in

I guess i'm not sure what the question is then. Are you asking if Toyota manual is wrong about how much oil the motor needs?

Majority of users on MUD are in USA, where we do not have the diesel motor as an available option. Possibly some non-USA members will jump in here.

I guess i'm not sure what the question is then. Are you asking if Toyota manual is wrong about how much oil the motor needs?

Majority of users on MUD are in USA, where we do not have the diesel motor as an available option. Possibly some non-USA members will jump in here.
I am asking if book and/or every info on internet that says that 9.2 liter is a standard oil change is wrong , or if there is something wrong with my car :)
LE- i know that majority of users here have the petrol version , but there isnt another big forum like this one over here in Europe.

Thanks !

Does that engine have a normal oil level dip-stick? What does it read when you put your 7.5-8L in?

I'd go by the level on the dipstick rather than refilling with how much came out. I wouldn't personally worry about how much came out (within reason) but rather ensure that the oil was to the correct level according to the dipstick.

Oil change when motor warmed up?
Fill cap off?
Let it drain 15 min plus..?
Mine takes 8.5 litres
P.s What oil you use?

20230303_091028.jpg

Oil change when motor warmed up?
Fill cap off?
Let it drain 15 min plus..?
Mine takes 8.5 litres
P.s What oil you use?

View attachment 3262520

Hello Hakosuka ,

Oil change when motor warmed up? - yes
Fill cap off? - i think so , yes
Let it drain 15 min plus..? - i did let it drain ~1 hour last times
Mine takes 8.5 litres
P.s What oil you use? - Toyota Premium Fuel Economy 5W30 since we have all 4 seasons where i live up in the mountains , hot summers and cold winters

Mine is 4.5 diesel 200 2014 UK model. Yes it dosent take 9.2 as per the book. I fill 7.5 and rest I add slowly by checking level on the dip stick. It will take approx 8-8.5 lt.
I am using 5w30 low saps ACEA C2 API SN. If buying from Toyota its PFE 5w30.

I am in doubt on which is good 5w30 or 5w40.
I guess LX570 has the same engine which oil are you using in the US.

I guess LX570 has the same engine which oil are you using in the US.
Careful, people will get triggered by the reminder we can’t get diesels here.

All US 200-series LC and LX got the 5.7L petrol engine.

• Haha
Reactions: Raj

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom