LC 200 - 2009 vs Tundra 2010 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Final I took my brother to race me:
1. Toyota LC 2009 5.6 - 6 speed 4 WD
2. Toyota Tundra 2010 5.6 - 6 speed 2 WD (he chose to go with 2 WD traction off)

I still like to know the major difference between LC and Tundra - but I tell you my LC was smoking Tundra every race I had 4 runs , not just a bit but significant timing , I like to go against Sequoia I bet my money that Sequoia have no chance against LC - so something is different in LC. Any one know the facts?

not to nit-pick, speed racer, but its a 5.7 and you have AWD - its a beast off the line when dealing with other heavy weight contenders

Tundra's are fastest in 4WD High - not 2WD. If he did the runs in 4WD he will probably run the same times as you.

I do not think so not AWD it is 4WD but not AWD- there is a difference
right you are - I mis-typed my response - good catch
one rear diff / one front diff and a center diff
its still a 5.7 though - ha

Tundra's are fastest in 4WD High - not 2WD. If he did the runs in 4WD he will probably run the same times as you.
I like to challenge that, he did want to have 2WD not to lose power , but I do not feel the kick in Tundra then I step on the accelerator in my LC I feel like push then I step in and it is not loosing momentum keep acceleration .

It should be a close race on a legal track.

The Tundra, assuming its a crew max with tow package will have 4.30 gears and runs 0-60 in @ 6.2 in 4wd high and 6.8 in 2wd. The LC with full time 4wd runs 0-60 in 6.4ish.

On paper, with a perfect launch, the Tundra should win in 4h, but the traction advantage you have means it is easier to launch consistently.

I like to challenge that, he did want to have 2WD not to lose power , but I do not feel the kick in Tundra then I step on the accelerator in my LC I feel like push then I step in and it is not loosing momentum keep acceleration .

Look it up or try it. Tundra in 4WD High is faster than 2WD.

I sell it a kit to install the LC AWD transfer case into the Tundra. It is a bit expensive, as it includes a new OEM Toyota Land Cruiser transfer case… but it is the only way for you find out which vehicle owns it. There is no absolutely no other way to resolve this, money must be spent. ;)

I sell it a kit to install the LC AWD transfer case into the Tundra. It is a bit expensive, as it includes a new OEM Toyota Land Cruiser transfer case… but it is the only way for you find out which vehicle owns it. There is no absolutely no other way to resolve this, money must be spent. ;)
LOL - I will go and race Toyota Sequoia Platinum my cousin have one will let you know, but from driving it I do not think it will have a chance against LC . Just from the test drive LC and Tundra or Sequoia. in LC when I step on accelerator the car is not shifting to the lower gear but instead I feel like turbo kick in or like somethings opens up and not choking the acceleration I do not feel that in Tundra or Sequoia

The Tundra is traction challenged for sure, and the Sequoia, depending on model, may weigh 400-500 lbs more. IME, the Tundra transmission programming is more willing to down shift. They are all pretty close when going down the road.

Drag racing and land cruiser to not belong in the same sentence.

Screw that! Sell the Tundra transfer case as a kit for LC owners so we can get rwd ;)
But I'm sure that new transfer case needs a new front shaft that needs a new diff to mate up to that needs different axles as well :flush:

No, the transfer case bolts in using the stock driveshafts. Land Cruiser, Tundra (07 - 13), and Sequoia all use a versions of the JF1A Aisin Transfer Case. The best case is used in the Sequoia, it can be run 2WD, AWD, and 4WD high/low range. I have not looked into using it yet. The Tundra case could probably be fit in the LC.

Skhochay, sorry for the highjack.

No, the transfer case bolts in using the stock driveshafts. Land Cruiser, Tundra (07 - 13), and Sequoia all use a versions of the JF1A Aisin Transfer Case. The best case is used in the Sequoia, it can be run 2WD, AWD, and 4WD high/low range. I have not looked into using it yet. The Tundra case could probably be fit in the LC.

Skhochay, sorry for the highjack.
keep yapping I can lean something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom