LC 100 Sahara AHC (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've owned my 05 sahara from new and done 360,000 km. The AHC works fine and I'm very happy with it. It has always been serviced by the local Australian toyota dealer. I have now been advised by them that i need to replace my front upper and lower control arms and suspension. My question is, are the OEM suspension as good as/ better/ worse than say an after market component for the use in AHC. Is there in fact a non OEM that is better than the Toyota for use in AHC suspension system.

thank you

I think for AHC, OEM is king. There are aftermarket options that are compatible with AHC, but the only advantage I've seen is that some of them are adjustable or have ball joints with extra articulation. None of that is helpful for regular AHC and I'd trust the factory OEM components more than any other aftermarket stuff.

Unless you're running a permanent sensor lift where the extra articulation is meaningful, I say stick to OEM. It's impressive if any of the aftermarket wear items last half as long as the OEM Toyota stuff.

I think for AHC, OEM is king. There are aftermarket options that are compatible with AHC, but the only advantage I've seen is that some of them are adjustable or have ball joints with extra articulation. None of that is helpful for regular AHC and I'd trust the factory OEM components more than any other aftermarket stuff.

Unless you're running a permanent sensor lift where the extra articulation is meaningful, I say stick to OEM. It's impressive if any of the aftermarket wear items last half as long as the OEM Toyota stuff.

thank you suprarx7nut that's given me some piece of mind.

I guess that your ball joints are worn and that's why they suggest new control arms. Sankei 555 make compatible ball joints for a fraction of the price of the entire control arm assembly and can easily be pressed into your existing control arms.
They are very reputable and widely discussed here, e.g. Sankei 555, what's the veredict ?

SB-3841 is the upper & SB-3812 is the lower.

Supra - You mention Permanent sensor adjusted vehicles requiring the adjustable control arms. Are you referring to shortening the sensor adjustment rods by cutting when you say permanent? On my 02 LX i have adjusted the front sensors to be as short as possible without cutting the rod. Would this require adjustable upper control arms in your opinion? Had an alignment performed by NTB when i put on new tires and their mechanic did not really have any experience with cruisers and mostly just complained that it was a difficult alignment because of limited access to the adjusters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom