LC 100 - ready to be made awesome (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I would welcome your thoughts on turning a stock 100 series LC into a great off-road machine. I hunt, ski and off-road to get to hikes - so mostly forest service, pothole/washboard dirt roads and snowy conditions. I've read a bunch of reviews and am leaning towards an OME 2" kit and ~33" BFG All Terrain or Duratrac tires.

I would appreciate any insight into this set up as a starting point. Tires too small? Lift too small? Medium or heavy coils?

Other enhancements I should consider. This is my 2000 Cruiser daily driver, so not looking for something too jacked up, but a great proportional looking and very functional off-road LC.

All thoughts welcomed.

Thank you!
John

That is what I thought was going to do when I started a few months ago and now I have done the OME med then heavy, and now so much more.
In two weeks I will done adding for a little while, Good luck

On my 80 I went with mediums and as my rat-packing grew for camping, so did my needs for heavy springs in the rear. If you pack a lot of stuff look into heavy coils.

the BFG ATs or DTs are great tires in 33". You will have little issues with that setup.

Another vote for 33's. Still manageable with stock gearing and no rubbing. 35's rub.

1410542192950.jpg

Sounds like a good plan @JohnnyG100.

Weight is typically a determining factor for choosing coils. So it depends on how you plan to use the vehicle and if you are going to get aftermarket bumpers, drawers, etc.

On my 80 I went with mediums and as my rat-packing grew for camping, so did my needs for heavy springs in the rear. If you pack a lot of stuff look into heavy coils.

the BFG ATs or DTs are great tires in 33". You will have little issues with that setup.
Thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom