LC 100 Project Chips n Dip (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Picked up this 2000 LC 232k, about a month ago for $6k, and been running though mechanicals to baseline for setup for Overlanding. Haven't even run through a full tank of gas. My 13yr old son and I are working through this project together. So far everything has been a fairly simplistic replacement of parts with the help of this forum with tutorials. I do have rocker panel rust to deal with and while there is some light frame rust everything is solid. figured I'd weld in a 2x6 rocker after I cut the rust out. Seen a few 80's like that. I shot 2 cans of "fluid film" on everything underside to stop any further rust after taking a wire brush to it. Big fan of that stuff, been using on my 2011 tundra for years now and the frame is still looking great.

Curious if this vehicle with the throwback vinyl decals is recognized by anyone on the forum? I pulled off the Toyota front door stickers, a bit over the top for my liking,, I think folks know it is a yota. I would be the 4th owner and there are IH8MUD stickers on the rear windows. So my assumption was a prior member vehicle. Looks well-traveled with stickers from FL to MA. Carfax owners/registrations appear to have been in VA, WV, MD.

Was told the stock torsion bars were torqued to increase height,, okay yeah I see that. and 2" spacers in the rear.. yeah.. well I don't see any spacers above or below those rear springs, lol. Whatever it sits fine for now. Once I throw on a steel rear bumper with the tire from Coastal and other crap that usually gets bolted up back there I'll consider the OME heavy kit.

Winter plans to build out a roof rack out of aluminum via mig spool gun and aluminum bumper. The short term is to get set up with a hidden winch in the front prior to a short shake down overland trip. Thinking I'll fab up some rock sliders as well depending on needs of benefit vs cost for other things I need sooner than later.

Before Purchase Records:

New Tires in 02/2020 BFgoodies KO2 285/75r16 @231k
After Cat-back exhaust 09/2020
Iridium Spark Plugs 08/2020
new Rear Breaks and e brake pads replaced 08/2019
Timing belt @180k - now finding out this is doubtful due to all the cracks in the belt which I recently replaced.
1 Coil

After Purchase - within the last month:

Date 10/2020 - 232k
Oil/Filter Change Mobil 1 - 5w-30
Front Diff fluid change 75w-90 syn
T-Case Front Diff fluid change 75w-90 syn
Rear Diff fluid change 75w-90 syn
Transmission gasket Fluid drain fill x4
Timing Belt, & pulleys, w/ tensioner Aisin kit
Pump a crapload of grease in the prop shafts and U joints (shift clunk is gone)
Water Pump Aisin kit
Valve Cover gaskets
Sunroof gasket replacement
Radiator KoyoRad

Waiting to be installed:

Diff Drop Brack - (Dobinsons )
Steering Rack w/ hard steering lines
Passenger CV axle

Ordered parts in transit:

Coastal Offroad weld kit rear bumper
and whatever else I find that needs replaced.

62272579995__1CBAED87-8932-45D1-863A-077C5CB190D2.JPG

IMG_1337.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom